661 Core Saver

aasr

Likes Dirt
hey guys i have a 661 Assault Pressure Suit and it was good untell i stacked and put my self in hospital with 3 tears in one of my kidneys so i would like to know what is the 661 Core Saver like and dose it cover the kidneys well???
Cheers Aaron

Korune

Likes Dirt
If its your kidneys your worried about have you considered purchasing a kidney belt? They mostly used for MX/Supercross, so you could investigate one of them at your local moto store... Probably more effective than any armour suits would be...

Wes/TRUCK

Likes Dirt
Yes they do cover the kidneys and you can shorten the back protectors only thing I dont realy like are the colar bone pads.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Can you tell us how you managed to tear your kidneys? It sounds like a bloody serious crash and a bit of info may help others avoid the same kind of thing.;)

aasr

Likes Dirt
haha yeah mate went over the bars in the last rock garden at yack and landed on a nice big rock. it just felt like i had winded my self so i give it 5 and road the rest of the way down. i went to my car and sat down to have a drink and felt real sore on my left side i thought it was just bruising so i layed down for a little bit. a few of my mates come over because they had finshed riding for the day so they where packing up all our stuff up. we where about to leave and i was still real sore and needed to take a leak so i did and all i seen was red. so went and see first aide and they called a ambo and they come and picked me up and tock me to wangarata hospital where i stayed for a week. sorry for the long story but yeah don't fall on big rocks they hurt haha
Cheers Aaron

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Wowsers, that sounds really painful. Hopefully it heals up and you can ride again and stay upright!
The body armour I own, a 661 suit does not cover my kidney area. It actually doesn't cover many of your vital organs so I have it gathering dust.:eek:

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
I just bought one of these- http://www.allsportprotection.com/Troy_Lee_Designs_Shirt_BP7855_Long_Sleeve_Upper_Bo_p/tld0032.htm From this place. I am yet to wear it riding but it fits much better than my 661 pressure suit. And is padded almost everywhere. Most pads can be remnoved. It is also Leatt Neck Brace compatible. They also do a short sleave version and a slightly less padded version. As well as matching padded under shorts and longs.

Read heaps of reviews on these before buying and very few bad ones to be found.

11TLD_BP-7855-SMA1.jpg

aasr

Likes Dirt
Wowsers, that sounds really painful. Hopefully it heals up and you can ride again and stay upright!
The body armour I own, a 661 suit does not cover my kidney area. It actually doesn't cover many of your vital organs so I have it gathering dust.:eek:
yeah mate all healed up now wasn't aloud to ride for 9 weeks after getting out of hospital i am just keen to get back on the bike
I just bought one of these- http://www.allsportprotection.com/Troy_Lee_Designs_Shirt_BP7855_Long_Sleeve_Upper_Bo_p/tld0032.htm From this place. I am yet to wear it riding but it fits much better than my 661 pressure suit. And is padded almost everywhere. Most pads can be remnoved. It is also Leatt Neck Brace compatible. They also do a short sleave version and a slightly less padded version. As well as matching padded under shorts and longs.

Read heaps of reviews on these before buying and very few bad ones to be found.

View attachment 206922
thanks mate that looks the goods there is a lot of stuff on that sight to i am going to have a good at it :)

ademb

Likes Dirt
I dont get it? You have a pressure suit, yet want to get a core saver to protect your kidneys? They have the exact same back protection though? I know, because I own both sorts..

aasr

Likes Dirt
yes they have the same back protection but there is no padding / protection next to the back proters all mine is a black mesh to hold it together

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
I dont get it? You have a pressure suit, yet want to get a core saver to protect your kidneys? They have the exact same back protection though? I know, because I own both sorts..
A 661 pressure suit has no kidney protection. I have no idea on a 661 Core Saver. Your kidneys are not in your back.

ademb

Likes Dirt
Any real impact that is going to injure your kidneys will more then likely be in your lower back region, theres other organs in the way if your getting hit in the stomach.

Hence why I said that both the coresaver and the pressure suit have the same back protection. The only difference been the lack of arm armour and different shoulder protection

The H

Likes Dirt
Coresaver

There is some extra padding around the kidney area compared to the pressure suits.

I think this was one of the reasons for its development. I think from Nate Adams kidney injury ?

The core saver also fits better compared to the pressure suit.

I use the coresaver with the 661 compression tops, works ok.