661 Helmet. Good or bad?

suktrona

Likes Bikes
661 stuff is fine. I rode and still own my 661 full bravo FF, which I got back in 05 and even though its had a few spills has been as good as any other helmet ive ever owned. I bought a fox (rampage I think) helmet not long ago, even paid retail :( and although I dont doubt its durability its nowhere near as comfortable as my trusty ol' 661 helmet (especially around the ears as I have sticky outie ears)

boofy

Likes Bikes
i have a 661 comp ff helmet and whilst it is very comfy to wear, it does get hot (queensland weather) this is however a small price to pay for protection. if i were in the market for a new helmet i would probably now look at a moto shop to see how they are(can use them on a drag strip due to full compliance). i am not sure how much heavier the moto type helmets are, but i dont find the weight of the 661's a problem at all. if the weather is cool enough, you can actually forget you have it on.

kable

Squid
661's do the job their designed for.
came off mine, ended up fairly badly, cracked helmet and a concussion.
Doctor said though if I wasn't wearing it I wouldn't have been walking out of there.
So they do protect the noggin

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 661 comp and it's the ducks nuts. You'll be hard pressed to find a lighter better quality helmet for the same price. I've had some hard crashed in the last year or do and it hasn't cracked or compressed the foam.

Last edited:

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Yep have the comp 2 and its very comfortable and light. Actually weighed it for a mate last night because he is looking at helmets because he uses a moto helmet and it is quite a bit heavier. The large comp 2 weighed 936grams time after time. Apparently some carbon helmets aren't much lighter. Im in Central Qld although haven't worn it in summer yet.

MARKL

Eats Squid
depends on the shape and size of your head...661 is a fine helmet (as are TLD, Fox, THE, POC etc) it really comes down to fit.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Happy with mine, very lite, cool too wear, stacked it last week helmet took a decent hit (on dirt) melon fine, cant say the same for ribs tho broke 2...

Bought mine without trying one on from CRC $102, just get your measurement right and you will be stylin !!

Oh yeah my mate bought one as well as same deal, happy as, for the price who wouldnt be?

met63

Likes Dirt
i cracked one flipping the gate at bmx.. apparently compressors dont like water...

i reverted back to tld afterwards.