661 Recon Helmet - in VIC stores

Beej1

I like the look of this helmet, and would like to try one on. Anyone seen any at their LBS? Even better if LBS is in the Melbourne or Canberra areas.

Blythy

Likes Dirt
Just thought I would give you a heads up!

Not exactly what you're looking for. But we have a few fox flux's in on special at my work. Same style of Helmet, same looks, just a different name...

They do come in white aswell:

Beej1

Yeah Iv'e tried on the Flux and it fits reasonably well. Only reason stopping me is the huge vents and their open shape: while I know they're ace for ventilation, I'm a skinhead and various creepy crawlies make their way in there and with no hair I can feel them straight away - hugely annoying. Plus I get sunburn patches the shape of the vents.

Whereas my first helmet - a cheapo Bell Yukon - had less vents (but still plenty of airflow), and they were shaped in such a way that I didn't once get sunburned, and certainly noticed less bugs.

Current Limar has huge vents like the Flux, which is why I'm cautious and looking around for something different. That ProTec might work - any idea where I can try one on?

If all else fails I'll just save the dough and go back to cheapo Bell - though it's a tad heavy and doesn't look nearly as cool as the Flux/Recon or that ProTec.