6th Element

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
Has anyone heard anything about a Progressive "6th Element" shock? i heard some guy talking to my boss bou tit the other day. And no...its not the Manitou Swinger 6way, its apparently made by Progressive. Tell me what you kno people, im curious.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I aint' heard anything but I would be sure interested in a progressively tuned rebound.. highfrequency compression has fast rebound and low frequency has slow rebound.. bit like changing the beggining, middle and end stroke for compression.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I checked the progressive site and there isnt anything to do with a 6th element on there, i sent an email to them. Waiting for a reply.

it's probably something to do with 5th Element vs Manitou Swinger 6 way......

both are essentially the same shock with the same number of adjustments but Manitou counts spring preload as an adjustment whereas Progressive doesn't

i'd say someone's gotten mixed up with all the numbers/ differences, etc.

just my guess though

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
both are essentially the same shock with the same number of adjustments but Manitou counts spring preload as an adjustment whereas Progressive doesn't
Is that so? I never notice that. So you think some guy is just blowing smoke up this guys arse ehy?[/quote]

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
Do you think he could have been refering to the 5th Element air shock, maybe refering to it as a new product, I.E calling it a 6th Element?

..::JaReD::..

Likes Dirt
ok found it this is what it said
Manitou 6th Element
Manitous much awaited rear shocks with the same technology as 5th element is starting to find its way into australia. with all the amazing control of the 5th element, manitou add sag control to the dials you can twiddle. also coming on a large variety of bikes is the manitou swinger air shock. stay tuned for an indepth testing in coming issues.

doesnt have much info

G

how old is the mag? might be the swinger 6 way bu they got confused?