WA 8 Speed Shimano Shifter

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Item: 8 speed rh shimano shifter.

Condition: good working order

Notes: rebuilding my old dually was going beautifully. New 8 speed chain, new 8 speed cluster, old Xt derailleur serviced and working great, then the old shifter shits itself... Bit of a hail mary, but does someone have something lying around to get this thing finished?

ninjananna

Likes Dirt
I've got an ancient set of old silver acera combos in the shed - note they are combos so also include the v-brake lever as part of the assembly

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
would a 9 speed do you? never used.

Also have an 8 speed sram somewhere in the shed, still in the box. I know it'll work with the shimmy mech, but how matchy, matchy are you?

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
would a 9 speed do you? never used.

Also have an 8 speed sram somewhere in the shed, still in the box. I know it'll work with the shimmy mech, but how matchy, matchy are you?
From what I gather a 9 speed won't work as the cluster spacings are different.

Not matchy matchy at all, sram would be fine if it works with a shimano mech. I always thought sram had a different pull ratio for some reason.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
From what I gather a 9 speed won't work as the cluster spacings are different.

Not matchy matchy at all, sram would be fine if it works with a shimano mech. I always thought sram had a different pull ratio for some reason.
only the 10 speed stuff. 9 and down all work together. on 10 sram moved to a 1:1 ratio. Shoot me a PM bloke, and we can sort it out tonight.