BMX 80's Kuwahara BMX

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought I'd post up a bike I built whilst I was banned :)

Found this baby at the Kingsford junk markets. $45! What a score! I HAD to have it.

Holy fucking shit I thought! I asked the old Russian guy "How much do you want for this?" and he says "Nice bike, it's perfect for you, $45". "45?" "Yes $45". I didn't have the heart to bargain him down some more. I just took it!

Lovely! Parts are far from original which is a shame. It still has the original Tange headset, but it's got a Skyway fork, Mongoose crank (Made in Japan stragely) and GT chainring.

So cool.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The NOS goods came pouring in.

I've been hunting for NOS bargains on eBay in order to keep this thing as original as possible. What's more I am trying to keep it all JAPANESE!

OH YEAH!!!

Japanese Tange headset :)

I hunted down the exact same Tange headset lockring as what came on the bike, but in red, how awesome is that?! The cranks are Odyssey's, not Japanese but hey, all good.

eBay FTW!!!

NOS Tange TX-1200 fork.

NOS Tange TX-1200 fork.

NOS Sugino chainring and spider.

NOS Japanese Win bars.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Race number still to be decided!

Black Tuffs.

Red Tuffs.

She's only allowed to be ridden indoors. I've been trying to figure out how to mount her to the wall.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is an awesome transformation, thats definately for the trophy room.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...I've been trying to figure out how to mount her to the wall.
Dude, you gotta get out more! :D
Seriously sweet, Justin.
Just needs (as I said in your other post) a red spider and seat clamp for total 80's overkill (I should know, I was there and did it!).

Gripo

Eats Squid
While I was never a lover of the Kuwa's in my younger days, I'm a fan of any early 80's BMX now.

There's something about an 80's BMX's stance that still looks right for rippin.

Beautiful resto, Justin.

PS. if anyone has a 81/82 Redline Proline PM me.

PSS. some early 80's BMXA mags here in PDF format http://hosted.filefront.com/JohnnyRingo813

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats sick mate i was kinda thinking $45 whats this guy thinking until i saw what it ended up like

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Thought I'd post up a bike I built whilst I was banned :)
glad to see you back - post banning, and it looks like the banning gave you some more time to spend more time (and not as much cashish) on more bikes to make us all jealous....

spanky's gunna be whistling the theme from welcome back Cotter all afternoon.

Oh, and that BMX drags both of us back in time....... crestwood BMX track, and the envy that black toughs caused.

s

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't bother weighing it as it's not going to be used. :rolleyes:

And well spotted with the pedals! I got some spare Win vbars too which are period correct, and a suntour stem which is also period correct but have decided not to fit them just yet as I'm extremely happy with the bike as is. :cool:

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is absolutely awsome mate. Always loved that colour scheme since PJ's Diamond Back in BMX Bandits!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got me inspired. Just spent half an hour trawling through Eddie Fiola footage on You Tube.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all you need now is a white/pale grey full face.
Some old moto pants and shirt and you will be puling out cancan airs in every bowl in town.

(o... and some converses)

andy_man

Likes Dirt
im like 15, i should srzly think bike slike this are lame as shit

but dude you have a mind of a genious in my books, i dont get how you can see that peice of crap and then with like a little bit of work you make it in2 this super awsum bike:p

good on ya

norco_freak001

Likes Bikes
im like 15, i should srzly think bike slike this are lame as shit

but dude you have a mind of a genious in my books, i dont get how you can see that peice of crap and then with like a little bit of work you make it in2 this super awsum bike:p

good on ya
pardon? ....