A bike mechanic you trust???

AndySTi

Likes Dirt
Sorry for digging up and old thread, but i wanted to know whether anyone has had any experience with the guys down at Le Spit Cyclery in Mosam?

BrockF

Squid
I completely agree
I found one in Castle Hill (Victoria Ave), I really like it there, the shop has a very bright and nice atmosphere, and the people there are just so nice. I'm not going to point out the names their customer service is just incredible. They did a great service on my bike
Agree as well !

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
I'll agree with Chook, Wes the proprietor of West End Cycles is a fine mechanic with attention to detail that is second to none and a true mountain biker to boot.
I'll also put in a good word for Rick at Push Bikes in Albury, a man patient in the face of idiots sent by Satan.

jimipolar

Likes Bikes
Cheeky Transport build Surly bikes amongst others. "Mazey" has been doing some great custom work for me. Built up a couple of street tough wheels for me from a pair of Hope Evo2 hubs, spank subrosa's, and triple butted hi tensile spokes. Wheels look and feel super tough, he had a pretty decent dishing to deal with and got it to fit sweet. Highly recommended!

Cheeky Transport

3A Georgina St, Newtown
(02) 9557 5424

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Paul at www.astroboyracer.com for several reasons:

1. Good workmanship;
2. Good pricing;
3. Opens his shop for you at all hours of the day and night if you really need his assistance; and
4. Puts up with my stupidity on an ongoing basis and is always polite and responsive - no matter how many silly questions I ask.

Thanks Paul :)

Dougy

Likes Dirt
If you are in Melbourne then, as mentioned quite a bit Paul @ Astroboy. I've worked with him a couple of times over the years and his work is top rate. If you are in Brissie then Jimmy @ Bikeology in Taringa. Another I've worked with and again top rate. If you need wheels built Jimmy is the man to see. If you are in Sydney then haha, you're in Sydney.

Paul at www.astroboyracer.com for several reasons:

1. Good workmanship;
2. Good pricing;
3. Opens his shop for you at all hours of the day and night if you really need his assistance; and
4. Puts up with my stupidity on an ongoing basis and is always polite and responsive - no matter how many silly questions I ask.

Thanks Paul :)
No worries Evan! Thanks for the props! Everyone loves to feel wanted.

leighaus

Likes Bikes
Marcus @ walkers wheels in montmorency is a great help and ive found him to be thorough with my bikes. He does anything he can to help you out. Not a massive shop and doesnt carry a shit tonne of rare spares, but hes always happy to chat to you for an hour without expecting a purchase.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Credit where it's due. And no sponsor support.
Let's not hear about who you don't trust either.
Let's just support the good guys, cos they are few are far between!

I have had quite a few guys work on my bikes through the years, but the only one I trust to get it right first time is Andrew at Kaos Custom cycles in Melbourne.
Shouts to rone.
Not many people I'd trust with my gear. rone, don't even have to inspect his mech work because you just know it's done right.

ChopSticks

Banned
Curious question....

What do most of you guys go into the bike shop for?
tuning gears? Bleed brakes? Talk? Squeeze brake levers of new bikes? Buy a tube?