A Current Affair (why am i bothering)

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
Well on a surprisingly half decent ACA where they weren't running into peoples houses, they had a story about "Big Cats" in the Australian bush. So i was wondering how many fellow farkiners believe in this stuff and if anyone has actually seen one? I'm tossing up if it's true or not but it could be possible.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Well on a surprisingly half decent ACA where they weren't running into peoples houses, they had a story about "Big Cats" in the Australian bush. So i was wondering how many fellow farkiners believe in this stuff and if anyone has actually seen one? I'm tossing up if it's true or not but it could be possible.
I saw the ad, i thought it was bullshit straight away though i cant comment. It probably is true, but the usual ACA style of putting cats with the 'psycho' soundtrack in the background while showing a picture of a panther in another country was so lame. I understand they probably exist and are big, but they're showing pics of like fucking cougars and panthers and shit that are bigger than people and saying, dum dum dum... This is what we found when we went outside our office in sydney... etc etc.... (Exaggeration obviously) i cant stand there bullshit either way.

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
I saw the ad, i thought it was bullshit straight away though i cant comment. It probably is true, but the usual ACA style of putting cats with the 'psycho' soundtrack in the background while showing a picture of a panther in another country was so lame. I understand they probably exist and are big, but they're showing pics of like fucking cougars and panthers and shit that are bigger than people and saying, dum dum dum... This is what we found when we went outside our office in sydney... etc etc.... (Exaggeration obviously) i cant stand there bullshit either way.
i understand what you meen with ACA "quality" but for some reason this just court on to me...

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll admit I'm open minded about the big cat thing , but the way the media presents stories on the subject doesn't give the theory any credibility , (well , maybe ACAs devoted moronic viewers take it on)

There was a doco on SBS years ago that was the best one yet IMO. Big Cats in Australia I think it was called, still they presented the witnesses as mostly a bit nutty , (and some of them were) but it was the most level attempt at presenting the evidence I have seen yet.

All I know is , I don't want to meet a big ol panther out on the trails.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
There are Big cats out there,
a few mates have said they'v seen them, well Big FEREL cats, no farkin panthers, and my mates mum has seen a BIG black ferel cat out near her house, but again she said it was just a farkin ferel, (sp)

but again ACA sucks
so it makes me not believe :rolleyes:

Crowie

Likes Dirt
i belive there are big cats in the blue moutian area of sydney. i have relatives there and livestock such as sheep have been found riped apart and hanging from a fork of a largish tree. and from what i know foxes or the advarage feral cat cant haul a dead body that hight in a tree. and the thought af big cats in the scrub would scare the crap outa me at night.

just my $0.02

'Ross

Eats Squid
If anyone saw the story on Today tonight about 'Graffiti Vandals'...best story ever.

Think paid actors pretending to do graffiti, same actors pretending to break into a yard and paint a train, then some cops supposeably on a stakeout pretending to bust the actors. Funny as.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If anyone saw the story on Today tonight about 'Graffiti Vandals'...best story ever.

Think paid actors pretending to do graffiti, same actors pretending to break into a yard and paint a train, then some cops supposeably on a stakeout pretending to bust the actors. Funny as.
"Today Tonight - We Just Make Shit Up!"

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ACA is just time-wasting shithouse space-filling crap that channel 9 puts on to fill up their exaggeration and "things people really care about" quota. [/rant]

I believe there will be a few "cats", but it wont be an epidemic like ACA is making it out to be......They are portraying a message that soon parents will have to keep their kids inside and whatnot.........

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
We had a very big black cat run across a 4x4 trail in front of us out near Wollemi

Now I'd tell you anything but my mrs can't lie about her age with a straight face and she'll swear it was a panther.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had a very big black cat run across a 4x4 trail in front of us out near Wollemi

Now I'd tell you anything but my mrs can't lie about her age with a straight face and she'll swear it was a panther.
Doesn't the panther thing come from some 'escaped' zoo animals or something?

IMO, kind of funny...

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
at the back of my grandmothers farm in kangaroo flat (Bendigo) i spotted a HUGE cat behind the water race I honestly thought it was a dog or a horse, but my cousin pointed out to me that was, in fact a 'Big' cat and there had been sightings of this in quite a few places in Bendigo.
i thought my cousin was having me on, but my whole extended family that lives in Bendigo assured me that it really was a big cat!
freaky:(

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
at the back of my grandmothers farm in kangaroo flat (Bendigo) i spotted a HUGE cat behind the water race I honestly thought it was a dog or a horse, but my cousin pointed out to me that was, in fact a 'Big' cat and there had been sightings of this in quite a few places in Bendigo.
i thought my cousin was having me on, but my whole extended family that lives in Bendigo assured me that it really was a big cat!
freaky:(
A dog an a horse are of quite different proportions. I think it was blown out of proportion, i wish they backed some things up with facts.

ned the rider

Likes Dirt
i was riding my motorbike in the anglesea heath near forest road about 4 months ago and a cat almost as big as a tiger or panther you would see in a zoo ran out infront of me gave me the biggest fright of my life. we went back an hour later and found paw prints as big as my hand
it was black big had massive teeth and looked very strong and like a tiger but black. there have also been 3 sighting from our neighbours and alot of other people around my area.
big cats have supposedly eaten my freinds dogs on his farm they found bones up a tree.
also every time i go outside at night and it is silent i can hear a noise that sounds like a huge cat. we went out hunting for but didnt find it.it is not a little cat it is about as big as a tiger maybe slightly smaller.
people around my area swear they have seen it.
i probably sound like a dickhead but i swear on my life there are panthers out there
or maybe they are really really mutated black cats

Last edited:

mick1224

Likes Bikes
Me and my old man used go shooting out west NSW "Pilliga" - I think thats how you spell it.
Any way we were driving around just on dusk and saw a dark figure moving through the scrub near a creek bed.
We thought it was a ferrel pig at first until on closer inspection found it to be a large ferrel cat.
By closer inspection I mean it took off up a large dead tree, good for us because there was no foliage so we were able to take a clean shot at it.
Took 2 hits of a high powered rifle to bring it down.
It was about the same size of an average Rottweiler!

So yeah there are BIG CATS out there but i'd be very surprised to see anything the size of a Panther and probably very shit scared if i actually did. :eek: