A day in your life......

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This site has tons of interesting people who do things in their life that may surprise some of us. Give us an idea of how a typical weekday rolls for you.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
Nice idea for a topic.

I am an I.T. program manager that lives on one side of Melbourne and works on the other side. My routine is pretty straight forward at the moment and given that I am a PM, this isn't very interesting.

I get up at 6:10 in the morning, eat breakfast, shower and catch a bus, train, train and bus to work. I work at a Uni, so once I get here, I have a long trek to the other side of campus to get to my office. I am working on a massive cloud project at the moment but I can't say any more than that at the moment due to non-disclosure agreements.

The long train rides home allows me work on my current personal tech project. I am currently designing and building an accurate hardware timing system prototype for mountain bike races that will hopefully turn into a cheap and reliable wireless timing system and event management platform for point to point events. After that, lap races and other sports will most likely be added.

Other than that, I am usually found playing Tiger Woods 2014 on PS3 against my brother in Sydney or designing a race sim rig.

Sorry, I wish my life was more interesting. :(

mitchy_

Llama calmer
a typical day in my life consists of getting up at 6am; putting on track pants, a hoodie and some slippers and not getting out of them until i go to bed later that evening.

After losing to the cat in the Stair Grand Prix (he has this ritual where he must beat me up and down the stairs), i'll tootle off to the kitchen for a coffee and oats around 6.15

6.30 see's my coffee in full effect and i've painted GT stripes in the toilet bowl.

usually between the hours of 7am and 5pm i'll be in my office working. this can consist of actual work, buying bike parts or wondering why i'm arguing with idiots online.

after that i'll go to the gym or for a ride around the Gold Coast, then wifey will come home and we'll argue over what's for dinner.

finally we'll put on the Netflix subscription we pay a monthly fee for only to fall asleep 5 minutes into the show we wanted to watch. every day.

some days/night's i'll put in a fuckload of hours to get a job out... i'm pushing a deadline for 14 townhouses, so this week is going to be something like 7am - 10pm to get it finished.

...kinda boring when you put it down like that.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Dozer, you started this thread, let's hear from you.

Oh, and paging Bermshot, that's a story I need to hear.

Johnny, I don't want to hear your story in case you have to kill me afterwards.

And Shredden. Bring it.

MasterOfReality

After forever
lol, at the moment:

1. Alarm clock goes off 5am.
2. Out the door at 6:10am for the drive to work
3. Drop missus off at the bus stop close to my work so she can bus the last 5 mins to the city
4. Arrive work 6:45am
5. Do whatever little work there is to do, hope for redundancy
6. Leave 3:45pm, pick missus up from city, drive home
7. Arrive home 4:50pm
8. Repeat. Except for Fridays. I'm on a enforced 4 day week.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wake up
Read read read
Listen listen listen
Talk a little
Read read read read
Write write write
Read read read read read
Read read
Post on forum
Read read
Sleep

Now I'm going to have to kill poodle.

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
Wake between 6 and 7 to daughters racing into bedroom. Sometimes an early run.
Get kids breakfast going, pat dog, turn on coffee machine.
Feed the chooks and check for eggs.
Depending on forecast walk to top of street and check surf with some museli.
Walk daughter to bus stop at about 8am.
Ride or drive to office, depending on whether the youngest is at day care, and whether there is surf.
Do some work, stroll down street to get mail, have a chin wag with whoever I run into (small town).
Mid morning surf if it is good and I can justify it...
Work, then head for home about 4:30ish.
This time of year, get the fire going and the evening program happening (bath, dinner, kids bed) with the wife.
Maybe a yoga class - then dinner.
Probably turn on the computer and do a mixture of work and time wasting 8-10pm.
Bed with hours of lovemaking. :lie: :whip: :crazy: :nono:

Rinse and repeat.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty boring life at the moment as we have a young baby (4mo). I am a constructionProject / Contracts Manager; I’ve recently moved from private industry to governmentemployee so noticing a huge change in the hours worked and the stress level; inaddition I am taking a different role to what I am used to being the Client’srep, rather than the Builders’.

Most mornings I am up between 4am and 6am as the little manwakes then for his nightly feed; after he is fed and back in bed I will shootout the door for a road ride for usually two hours, or jump on the trainer for anhour. I walk in the door at about 7:30 jump in the shower, get dressed, grabsome breakfast before heading out the door.

Arrive at office 8/8:30am start computer, grab coffee, sendemails, if it’s a nice day I will jump in the car and go look at my projects untillunch time. Back to the office for a bite to eat; followed by an afternoon ofmeetings, which are usually about other meetings that we’ve already had anddoing some planning, programming, etc…. Head home at 5pm.

Walk in the door at 5:30, it’s a mad house little man is normally grumpy, theother squid is being a pest and the wife is trying to cook dinner. Have dinner,feed little man play with kids for a few hours before they go to bed at8/8:30pm; usually the wife and I are knackered so hit the pillow not long afterbetween 9/9:30pm.

And Repeat!

It might sound pretty boring, but it’s a massively refreshing change from working from7:30am to ungodly hours of the night (4:30am was the latest, then back in the office at 8am), stress piled onand the unreasonable expectation to be available 24/7. Sure I took a HUGE paycut, but time with the family has no monetary value. :first:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Pretty boring life at the moment as we have a young baby (4mo). I am a constructionProject / Contracts Manager; I’ve recently moved from private industry to governmentemployee so noticing a huge change in the hours worked and the stress level; inaddition I am taking a different role to what I am used to being the Client’srep, rather than the Builders’.

Most mornings I am up between 4am and 6am as the little manwakes then for his nightly feed; after he is fed and back in bed I will shootout the door for a road ride for usually two hours, or jump on the trainer for anhour. I walk in the door at about 7:30 jump in the shower, get dressed, grabsome breakfast before heading out the door.

Arrive at office 8/8:30am start computer, grab coffee, sendemails, if it’s a nice day I will jump in the car and go look at my projects untillunch time. Back to the office for a bite to eat; followed by an afternoon ofmeetings, which are usually about other meetings that we’ve already had anddoing some planning, programming, etc…. Head home at 5pm.

Walk in the door at 5:30, it’s a mad house little man is normally grumpy, theother squid is being a pest and the wife is trying to cook dinner. Have dinner,feed little man play with kids for a few hours before they go to bed at8/8:30pm; usually the wife and I are knackered so hit the pillow not long afterbetween 9/9:30pm.

And Repeat!

It might sound pretty boring, but it’s a massively refreshing change from working from7:30am to ungodly hours of the night (4:30am was the latest, then back in the office at 8am), stress piled onand the unreasonable expectation to be available 24/7. Sure I took a HUGE paycut, but time with the family has no monetary value. :first:

⬆ what he said, except without the road ride, sold the roadie to buy a better MTB.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wake up
Read read read
Listen listen listen
Talk a little
Read read read read
Write write write
Read read read read read
Read read
Post on forum
Read read
Sleep

Now I'm going to have to kill poodle.

lol, that should have been Pastavore.

J

JaRedy

• Wake up at 2am
  • Snort grounded albino crab shell
  • Argue with somebody on Farkin
  • Drink boiling water
  • Launch into orbit
  • Party with the ISS
  • Astronaught orgy
  • Return to earth, crash into sydney opera house
  • Sing world-class opera
  • Eat ramen
  • Meet Michael Caine
  • Tells me he is the true batman
  • Drives me back to Brisbane in the batmobile
  • Stop off at Coffs for some rad DH
  • Meet Dozer, party for 78 minutes.
  • Buy a dozer off Dozer
  • Drive home in Dozer
  • Get a glass of water
  • Go to the toilet
  • Brush Teeth
  • Go to sleep.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Wake at 4:00am, hit snooze
wake at 4:30am, roll on wife
leap out of bead clutching groin at 4:30:05am
walk dog
make breakfast
wake, dress and feed kids
kick wife out of bed
have shower
kick wife out of bed
make coffee for wife n meself
kick wife out of bed
make lunches, pack school bag
feed dog
pull covers off bed and threaten to pour bucket of water on wife
pack wife's car with her and kids crap
kick wife out of bed and throw her in shower
drink cold coffee
listen to young bloke read reader
listen to wife complain her coffee is stone cold
leave for work at 7:00am

practice sailor talk at numpties who insist on travelling on freeway at between 60-80km/h in every single lane, for 30km
get to work
threaten geotechs with physical violence for not completing testing previous day
poke dirt and rocks with a pointy stick for a bit
troll RotorBurn for 7 of the 9 work hours, between fielding calls from idiots who want to know why their dirt and rocks don't conform to their idiotic expectations
repeat morning commute in reverse direction
cook dinner
eat dinner at 5:30pm with wife and kids, because wife thinks we live in a geriatric care facillity
bathe, dress, yell at kids befor shipping them to bed at 7:30pm
work on new bathroom
electrocute myself, sever digits with power tools, nail foot to floor with nail gun, glue hand to neck with construction adhesive
check health insurance PDS, decide I may be exceeding limits of coverage, pack in reno for the night
troll RB some more while recovering data on wife's laptop, iphone, ipad, that she has somehow managed to wipe/frag/generally fuck up
threaten to kill inlaws if they ever come back to my home
walk dog
feed fish
do dishes
sit on couch in nothing but my putrid grundies
watch wife run to bedroom and lock door
read
fill every thread on RB with useless shit.
fall asleep on couch around 12:30am
wake and go to bed around 3:00am

start it all again.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
-Rise and shine at 5.30am.
-Wake the dog with my morning fart who promptly jumps out of her bunker outside, shakes her head to wake her ears up and stretches.
-Spend twenty minutes trying to get my wife out of bed.
-Walk the dog on the beach or in the 'hood. If going to the beach, we guess how many other dogs we will see on the beach and whoever is closest doesn't need to make the breakfast.
-If time permits, I do a twenty minute run on the way home.
-Get brekky ready for the wife and the dog being careful not to serve the raw lamb shank to the wrong bowl.
-Shave and shower, brush teeth, floss etc etc.
-Give the dog her share of the banana and say see ya later.
-Warm the car up, check that nothing has been in my Batcave and nothing has been touched or moved.
-Spend ten minutes driving to work with Australia's fair share of the world's most inconsiderate arsehole fuckwit drivers sharing the road with me whilst skipping to the next shuffled song on my Ipod only to arrive at work unsatisfied that I didn't get one great tune in!
-Say a friendly G'day to the workshop guys as I walk towards my office, open the door and decide which of the bludging fuckers I'm going to pick on today.
-Put my smoko and lunch in my bar fridge under my desk, start the PC up and do the staff pays first thing.
-Spend a fair chunk of my work day on the internet "doing advertising and checking websites for potential purchases" relating to my job. Deep down you all know what the internet was invented for and it ain't fucking work.
-Catch up at smoko with the other office guru's about what awesome shit went down the night before. It usually revolves around a wild unit we have who slays one or two random girls a night. It's a crack up, he's not sure if he has "little Johnny's" running around and gives zero fucks as every girl he plows is sober and willing. He's a candidate for jail any day now.
-By lunchtime I've usually raged at some incompetent bafoon for wasting time and doing a bad job of something he's done for ten years. That's just to remind them that I'm still here and watching them!
-At lunch I read whatever book I'm part way through and play some handheld games on my Vita. I get 45 minutes for lunch but always take an hour as I get paid 7.36 hours a day although I'm there for nine hours a day. Fight the power.
-At 4.52pm I pack up and bolt. I'll either go for a run on the beach or head home and play with the dog for an hour and tinker on bikes or do jobs in the yard or head out for a night ride. Other weeknights I'll play basketball or get dinner cranking while wifey is at the gym.
-We have very similar taste in TV series so we watch whatever we're up to for that night while eating dinner. I especially like eating dinner while watching Hannibal. Strangely, the meat we're eating always tastes .........more game?
-After dinner I'll chuck the headphones on and play video games for a few hours. That's my wind down, my escape.
-Believe it or not, when we jump into bed we tell fictional stories to each other about whatever we think of. It either puts you to sleep or ah.........doesn't. ;)