A favour from the techy designer types

Rik

logged out
Right now I'm working on a design of sorts, and have hit a brick wall.
What I want is an infinity symbol done in bicycle chain, but it has to be perfect before I can use it.
Since I'd think someone handy with design software could knock it up really easily, I'm asking here for some help.
My requirement's aren't over the top: basically it has to be to scale and fit within certain dimensions, have it 2d with no perspective, the ends of the curves have a single vertical link and the crossover be in the middle of a link.

Pretty much how I've done it here, but neatened up so it's usable...

Keep in mind a chain has 1/2" (12.7mm) spacing between pins. The above is approximately 230mm wide but that's not crucial, I guess if you just count how many links I used you'll end up with the same size.

The catch is, I need it done by Wednesday arvo so I can combine my images together to have for Thursday.

I'll reward those who help, in some way or other ;) Any effort is appreciated, it's for something that'll mean a lot to me.

Attachments

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
So you want a 2d image out of that... for a logo? or somthing else?

Youre best shot is doing it in a cad proggy. i could do it, but is it work or study related?

Rik

logged out
CAD is what I thought too, make a line a set length then rotate it around to suit. JoelO's on the ball, related to another recent post of mine.

It's for a bit of body art, hence why it needs to be absolutely perfect ;) I know I could learn to CAD it myself but that's pretty time consuming.

matnurb

Likes Dirt
Not much help...

Tattoo? Cant help you with the tech drawing. Just interested. Good luck finding a hand.

Mat.

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
Rik,

Try one of the CAD or Computer Animation forums. They have some very tech people on there. They would be able to do it for you in not to long at all. Hope it help's you in some way or another...

Cheers,