A glass and a half of full-cream milk but only half a fork

Mica

Likes Dirt
Been a while since a post (or a new bike) so here goes both.

Not quite the usual farkin ride (i.e. gravel bike ) but these type of bikes have always floated my boat and certainly prove capable and rewarding the more you put into them.

Pretty much factory spec Cannondale Scalpel HT2 as who wants to build a bike these days, there's even discounts on offer for complete bikes

For those that care enough full spec in the link but the low down is carbon frame, alloy rims, carbon accessories, full XT and hollowgram cranks. https://www.cannondale.com/en-au/bikes/mountain/cross-country/scalpel-ht/scalpel-ht-carbon-2

Here's the highlights.

Lefty ocho 100mm - not sure what kind of witchcraft is involved but this thing tracks so much better than it has any right to and is great through the (limited) travel.

One up 120mm dropper and matchy purple anno Race Face lever - just because it's an XC bike doesn't mean we can't have a little fun.

Time ATAC pedals - of course

Around 10kg and change with tannus armour and sealant.

The included foam grips are terrible and shortly to be replaced by some Ergon grips lying around the house and need to sort out some bottle cages and tool carrying but otherwise good to go as is. Only change I see is a small size up from the 2.25 tyres once these are worn out though not complaining about how these go around a corner so far.

From the quick shakedown ride after picking it up things are very encouraging. For what it is, it's amazingly confidence inspiring heading down as the front end is so solid and geometry gives it just enough pop to add some fun into the mix. Very composed despite a few interesting line choices testing it out through some rocks at velocity. Certainly not a trail/endro rig etc but for an xc racer certainly doesn't feel sketchy or nervous like the old ones. No point mentioning the climbing the results there are obvious.

Most importantly reckon I'll even be able to sneak this past the wife. With her utter distaste for anything Cadbury doubt she'll even notice it.

safreek

Not quite the usual farkin ride (i.e. gravel bike ) but these type of bikes have always floated my boat and certainly prove capable and rewarding the more you put into them.

Pretty much factory spec Cannondale Scalpel HT2 as who wants to build a bike these days, there's even discounts on offer for complete bikes

For those that care enough full spec in the link but the low down is carbon frame, alloy rims, carbon accessories, full XT and hollowgram cranks. https://www.cannondale.com/en-au/bikes/mountain/cross-country/scalpel-ht/scalpel-ht-carbon-2

Here's the highlights.

Lefty ocho 100mm - not sure what kind of witchcraft is involved but this thing tracks so much better than it has any right to and is great through the (limited) travel.

One up 120mm dropper and matchy purple anno Race Face lever - just because it's an XC bike doesn't mean we can't have a little fun.

The included foam grips are terrible and shortly to be replaced by some Ergon grips lying around the house and need to sort out some bottle cages and tool carrying but otherwise good to go as is. Only change I see is a small size up from the 2.25 tyres once these are worn out though not complaining about how these go around a corner so far.

From the quick shakedown ride after picking it up things are very encouraging. For what it is, it's amazingly confidence inspiring heading down as the front end is so solid and geometry gives it just enough pop to add some fun into the mix. Very composed despite a few interesting line choices testing it out through some rocks at velocity. Certainly not a trail/endro rig etc but for an xc racer certainly doesn't feel sketchy or nervous like the old ones. No point mentioning the climbing the results there are obvious.

Most importantly reckon I'll even be able to sneak this past the wife. With her utter distaste for anything Cadbury doubt she'll even notice it.
Oooh, that lefty looks sooo sweet on that sweeet ride

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Here's the highlights.

I'm deeply conflicted. You have impeccable taste in pedals and colour, but your taste in suspension and brands needs work.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

fastrider gus

super huck
I love a lefty.. and my God factory paintjobs are killing it these days! Beautiful..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Super nice, and yeah echoing the others that that's a great colour scheme from C'dale.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
One of my mates has the Jekyll in the Cosmic Eggplant colour, which like a green version of this one. It also looks awesome.