a HandJob *New Pics added 28/2*

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well folks, I finaly got a few happy snaps of my beloved, sexy silver frame... I was toying around with some forks and wheels on it today too... It's well small compared to the trust Avanti... but looks light and tight!

Here she is:

There is more photos and info on the project bike at www.projectx-cul.com

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cant wait to get it built too, it's going to take me quiet a while to get all the dosh though. :oops:

Anyways here is the spec list!

Bottom Bracket: FSA Ti
Brake Levers: Hope Levers,
Brakes: Hope Mini Mono*
Cables: XTR
Cassette: Dura-Ace 12-27
Chain: SRAM PC99 HollowPin
Crankset: FSA Carbon Pro
Derlr (Front): Shimano XT, Custom machined
Derlr (Rear): SRAM X.0 MedCage
Fork: Duke Race 100mm, Pure mod?*
Frame: Cove Handjob XC 17.5" *
Grips: ExtraLite Neo's
Handlebar: Easton MonkeyLite SL
Headset: Aheadset * to be changed to Extralite or CK later.
Pedals: Egg Beater Tripple Ti
WheelSet: DT Swiss Pure XC Build or CrossMAX SL Disc
Seat: Selle Itelia SLR Ti, Custom Machined
SeatPost: Easton EC70
Shifters: SRAM X.0 Shorty
Stem: FRM WebStem Ti
Tyers: Dependant on Conditions.

Well thats it, a few things will probably veary, dependant on availability and whatever else, not to mention how empty my wallet gets :oops: Looking foward to it though, should have at least ridable at the end of March, and I want to complete it by about May :D Then onto bigger an better things...

*ponders*

parallax

Likes Dirt
CulBaire said:
I was under the impression SRAM and Shimano were unable to work together. Something about the shifting ratio???
But if it's "Custom machined" does that mean it will fit?

An interesting prospect

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
parallax said:
CulBaire said:
I was under the impression SRAM and Shimano were unable to work together. Something about the shifting ratio???
But if it's "Custom machined" does that mean it will fit?

An interesting prospect
only the rear deraileurs- sram uses a 1:1 actuation ratio while shimano uses a 1:2 on the rear, yet they use the same ratio on the front. Sram also make "rocket" shifters which are compatible with shimano rear ones...

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You bet it's steel Daver :wink: Light too...beautiful!

The custom machined XT Front Der, is a little project I had going just to see how many grams I could loose off it... the answer was 10g of a Deore which weighted 128 and now weights 118g. That kinda failed as I was hoping to loose at least 15 or more... So I plan on using a Dura-Ace front mech now. Yes they work 3x9, just not sure if the shifting is the same... Weights in at about 86g from memory :p

and Tankass... Do you even need an answer? :p :p :p

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hehehe I finaly got some more happy snaps of the frame, semi built this time; some more parts have arrived and been ordered, and even more are to be ordered from www.light-bikes.com in the coming weeks.

Heres the bike, Built up using the forks I plan to use, my old crappy stem (avanti) and the wheels of the Avanti too:

Here's a close up of the forks/frame...

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanx guys... I was planing on giving it a coat or two of clear coat, but that has been pushed aside :p; The build isnt going as quick as I had hoped... Went to get my seatpost today, wasnt in (still), because it was never actually ordered :x OhhhWell!

At the moment I am busy saving my penny's for the Bars & DriveTrain (getting the DT in one biG hit from OS)... Those will be about 2 or 3 weeks away, but then it's almost done with the excpton of brakes and wheels... I am also looking at working my Duke Race's, into something bigger and better! Turning them into Blackbox Dukes, just gotta find some more bits first. 8)