A question for farkers

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It will move backwards. Not enough force being applied to engage the pawls and create forward momentum.

mellow

Banned
mmmmmmm interesting.

This puzzle reminds me of the theory once proposed whereby one picks the hair out of dogshit.

mellow

Banned
Another.

May have been done before ?

If you are riding along and pull on the left side of the handlebar, in which direction will you go ?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Depends if you just give it a quick flick or if you hold it..... a quick flick (and subsequent correction) will turn you to the right; holding it will probably high-side you.

stirk

Burner
I tried this earlier using my hand to move the crank because I was lazy to get string and the bike moved forward, tried again with my son, this time with string and the bike moved backwards in all gears. Dang.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whilst I kind of get the answer with trochoids and gearing/torque sh1t, does this have any impact on a decision to go clipless?

Mellow prob not, but nobody pulls on the bar, it's always a push ;)

stirk

Burner
Whilst I kind of get the answer with trochoids and gearing/torque sh1t, does this have any impact on a decision to go clipless?

Mellow prob not, but nobody pulls on the bar, it's always a push ;)
Counter intuitive but true.

mellow

Banned
aye bin drinkin.

What purpose ( as opposed to porpoise. A porpoise being a large aquatic mammal that breathes through a hole in the top of its' head. Peter Smith, rip. ) Does a valve stem cap serve ?
Apart from prohibiting the ingress of detritus.
As I see most folks choose to save several microns by not running them.

Hint ; if you do not answer before the beeper, you will be forced to endure one of my long winded, ages old, personal anecdotes of my misspent youth ( as opposed to spent with misses ).

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
What purpose ( as opposed to porpoise. A porpoise being a large aquatic mammal that breathes through a hole in the top of its' head. Peter Smith, rip. ) Does a valve stem cap serve ?
Apart from prohibiting the ingress of detritus.
On a Schrader valve... it is worthwhile, stops crud getting in.

Sort of pointless on a Presta valve... the screw down thingy does the anti-crud thing anyway... so into the bin goes the cap.