A Tragic Near Miss

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
it looks like he is doing a phat burnout, now thats the kind of guy i want running my country. even if i do hate the entire liberal party. he needs to stop bringing his christian views into politics.

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
christian views!! miore like 1950's ridiculous conservative views... if he gets in charge this country is going down the sh*tter

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
truckie has skill! or luck...

reminds me of a video of a tunnel in russia where this concertina bus fishies for ages and then pulls out of it (where people in cars were crashing regularly) pretty epic driving.

anyway that was abit off topic sorry, i wouldnt call it tragic, it would be tragic if someone was killed, no matter who they were (exception of mayb a few really messed up people)

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Really? You hate him so much you wish he was dead?

Wow.
My thoughts exactly. When it comes to photography, this man knows his sh*t, but come on... budgie smugglers. Big f@%king woop. I have a mate who goes swimming in budgies (i hate him for it), they aren't appealing, but they definately aren't newsworthy. As for the idiocy, doesn't sound much different to a lot of pollies.

by the way, is it just me, or does someone drop the F bomb at the start of the video?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Staged............ :p
I don't know the road but it looks as though old mate steering the truck may have decided to pay attention just in time. The road looks straight behind them.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My thoughts exactly. When it comes to photography, this man knows his sh*t, but come on... budgie smugglers. Big f@%king woop. I have a mate who goes swimming in budgies (i hate him for it), they aren't appealing, but they definately aren't newsworthy. As for the idiocy, doesn't sound much different to a lot of pollies.

by the way, is it just me, or does someone drop the F bomb at the start of the video?

Yup! I had to replay it over and over just to get a giggle. Guy in the red/foreground I think......turning brown;)

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
reminds me of a video of a tunnel in russia where this concertina bus fishies for ages and then pulls out of it (where people in cars were crashing regularly) pretty epic driving
To add some context:
[video=youtube;6fLW3OiH8OQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fLW3OiH8OQ[/video]

MasterOfReality

After forever
Really? You hate him so much you wish he was dead?

Wow.
I noticed a lot of comments on news sites that were saying it was a pity the truck driver missed etc etc.

Disgraceful in my opinion, doesn't matter who it is its never a nice thing to wish on someone, especially over something as mundane as politics.

It will probably be the same people that will be up in arms when labor buffoon whitlam kicks the bucket and people start blogging about it.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Abbott in highway near miss, nation in mourning.

That is the headline I expected to see this morning.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I truly despise Abbott's political views, but really he is relatively genuine politician and does act on what he believes in which deserves some respect as opposed to a large majority of them.

Wishing Abbott pancaked just because he believes in some crap is just stupid.

Hell, if Abbott and my views were aligned I'd think he was great.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Oh FFS lighten up guys, there's a difference between actually wishing someone was dead and having a lighthearted dig at a politician.

Go get your Aspergers diagnosed or something.

And I never said I wanted him dead. I'd settle for maimed and slightly disfigured.

That's a good reason for not drug testing truck drivers! How the hell do you not see two vehicles slow down in front of you on a dead straight road? Maybe they need to let them get back on the gear so they are a bit more alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That's a good reason for not drug testing truck drivers! How the hell do you not see two vehicles slow down in front of you on a dead straight road? Maybe they need to let them get back on the gear so they are a bit more alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good one, you sound like you know everything about everything. Shut up, you obviously know nothing about it. You spend some time driving a truck on roads full of uneducated drivers who bought the bonus driver's licence issue of Corn Flakes and then we'll see how you feel about it.
Yeah, some truck drivers use some gear to stay awake but that is a minority. They aren't the only people who do such things. In no way do I condone it but I bet you'd have a fucking cry if you had to wait an extra day to get your groceries because the truck industry stopped for a day.

It looks to me as though it would be a prime spot to put double unbroken lines to stop people turning across that road and not creating a problem with traffic like we saw. No wonder it is a bloody blackspot.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
It looks to me as though it would be a prime spot to put double unbroken lines to stop people turning across that road and not creating a problem with traffic like we saw. No wonder it is a bloody blackspot.
If you are advocating removing broken lines & replacing them with double unbroken lines throughout straight bits of country road, how does one ever overtake or turn right to access their property? From the footage, I can't see why what happened was inevitable, based on road conditions.