abreviated terms dictionary

sasser

Likes Dirt
ive been meaning to start this thread for a while because i can never understand half of the damn abreviated terms everyone uses.
for example:

lol= laugh out loud

brb= be right back

rofl= roling on the floor laughing

atm= at the moment-not a thing that gives you money if you stick a screw driver in to it.

as i dont know any more youll have to add them yourselves.

S.

ex offender
cbf = can't be f'd
wtf = what the f
btw = by the way
FYI = for your information
IMO = in my opinion
iirc = if I recall correctly
emo = I have sand in my vagina

I think "lol" is the stupidest expression ever. I once heard someone say it out loud, and it made me seriously consider punching them.

Rik

logged out
stfw = search the f(insert your choice of word here, I like "flowery") web.
:)

If you have any problems with TLA's (three letter acronyms), this is a damn handy website.

danv

Likes Dirt
S. said:
cbf = can't be f'd
wtf = what the f
btw = by the way
FYI = for your information
IMO = in my opinion
iirc = if I recall correctly
emo = I have sand in my vagina

I think "lol" is the stupidest expression ever. I once heard someone say it out loud, and it made me seriously consider punching them.
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
Why is lol a stupid expression?
LM(F)AO = Laughing my (Fucking) Ass Off
MTB = Mountain Bike (not obvious to all people i guess)
STFU = Shut The Fuck Up
RT(F)M = Read The (Fucking) Manual (I don't see this much, but I have seen it)

Hey at the end sasser, you should compile all the abbreviations and list them, ordered alphabetically, in your first post.

Also this is probably worth a sticky in offtopic, but should we be encouraging people to use abbreviations or not?

Last edited:

Rik

logged out
ROFL = rolling on floor laughing
ROFLMAO = rolling on floor laughing my ass off, or rolling on floor layered in mayo
ROFBMALFO = rolling on floor because my artificial limb fell off

sasser

Likes Dirt
[/QUOTE] Hey at the end sasser, you should compile all the abbreviations and list them, ordered alphabetically, in your first post.

Also this is probably worth a sticky in offtopic, but should we be encouraging people to use abbreviations or not?[/QUOTE]

yeh, ill do that, good idea, but i diddnt make this so people would be more inclined to use abreviations, i used it so those of us who are able to be arsed typing the full word can understand everyone else.

Last edited:

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
ROFL = rolling on floor laughing
ROFLMAO = rolling on floor laughing my ass off, or rolling on floor layered in mayo
ROFBMALFO = rolling on floor because my artificial limb fell off
don't you think that's pushing the line a bit......?

If not, someone should try and answer this big fella......

AARGAIIEHSUOIPIWFOWTL

(answer in a few days:p)

sasser

Likes Dirt
Ralph said:
someone should try and answer this big fella......

AARGAIIEHSUOIPIWFOWTL

antarctic apple research gained against ill informed ethiopian housewives sharing underwear or internal private information with fairly oversized westernised tea ladies.

mmm my brain hurts after figuring that out...

sasser said:
oh my god, what the f*** barbeque ????????? what the hell does that mean, your even abreviating your abreviations!!!!!!! aaaargh!
It was on a desk at school, I LOLed when it happened (I can't wait till I hear someone say lol in public, i'm gonna punch them sooo hard)