Acquiring a job before 4 month Whistler stay? (For Whistler)

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

So essentially, I have talked to a few people before about the possibility of gaining a job before I actually leave for Canada, is there some sort of website I can access that helps/directs me in the right direction? The (Whistler) bike park after a thorough search didn't seem to have any links towards helping with lifts etc.

Cheers, Jordan

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
All WhistlerBlackcomb jobs are posted on this page http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/jobs-at-whistler-blackcomb/index.aspx
however summer jobs wont be up for a little while.
Those jobs are only for the company that runs the mountains (Lifts, Trail Crew, Patrol, Food, Cleaners and things like that)
You do get a lift pass if you work for the mountain but you also get paid pretty poorly. And dont be a lifty. You are working when you want to be riding.
I would also say best you will get before leaving aus is an interview setup for when you arrive.

As for getting a job that isnt for Whistler Blackcomb you will pretty much have to wait until you are over there. Every shop, bar and company gets lots and lots of resumes handed in personally every week. So i cant see them hiring someone they have only received an email from. Unless you have really good experience/references. Having said that of course it is still worth applying for jobs online but maybe not 4 months out. Try craigslist and http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/ closer to the start of summer.

I do know in winter there are some companies that do packaged visa/job type deals but not sure if they work in summer.

Having said that, everyone i know, myself incuded, has not had a problem finding a job by just turning up. Same goes for accommodation.

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Remember to get your workers visa super far in advance as its a nightmare trying to get a job without one. Very few places are willing to higher and pay cash in hand.

You can find them but they tend to be construction based and you need your own full tool kit.

Just my experience though - it may have changed in the last few years.