Adelaide and surrounding areas...

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

I'm kinda new to SA, looking to do a bit of DJing and street jibbing. Dunno where to go and don't know anybody. Getting a vehicle within the next few weeks, so if anybody is keen for a session, let me know. Only have a BMX and single speed 24" DJ bike at the moment, DH bike later this year.

I'm no Taj Mihelich or Nathan Rennie, but that doesn't matter.

Cheers,

Jonno

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Get on the Belair Line train on a Sunny weekend day and from Mitcham onwards surround yourself in fellow MTBers!

Atomizer

Likes Dirt
sxereturn said:
So I have heard!

What are the trails like? Nice flowing DH?
Depending on your choice of trail, and there are many from Pinera station, largely short-ish but sweet. They all end up back at Mitcham so you can get a wide range of runs done in a few hours, or more, if you want.

A 2 hour ticket costs $3:50. Bikes are free on weekends or between 9:00am and 3:00pm and after 6:00pm weekdays.

Weekends can be tricky as there are often more riders than the trains can hold. It's not ususally a problem but on the rare occasion you be at the wrong end of the queue.

Daylight savings is just around the corner and dusk, or night rides, followed by a pint at the Ed, are the go.

Outside of town there is Fox Creek, Bennetts, Kangarilla etc..

PM me for an intro ride.

Last edited:

Eddy

Likes Dirt
well at the moment because of the rain the trails are getting prity rutted but still flowy
we have 7 trails not full downhill but still good fun and there are some good size dj's and road gaps
if your a student you can do a whole day for 3.30 or 2 hours for 1.70
saturday and sunday are the best days to go
you can get from 15-70 riders depending on the weather and if there are alot they usual put out a third carrige
if you want more info pm me

emcgough

Likes Dirt
sxereturn said:
Hey all,

I'm kinda new to SA, looking to do a bit of DJing and street jibbing. Dunno where to go and don't know anybody. Getting a vehicle within the next few weeks, so if anybody is keen for a session, let me know. Only have a BMX and single speed 24" DJ bike at the moment, DH bike later this year.

I'm no Taj Mihelich or Nathan Rennie, but that doesn't matter.

Cheers,

Jonno
what suburb are you in?
I just bought a hardtail, so I'll be riding more DJ and skate parks rather than DH in the next few weeks.

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Adelaide is full of good spots to hit... right boys. If anyone wants to go dj'ing at any stage pm me and we'll hook it up. Plus i get on gigantore on the weekends for some fun runs. Bring on summer...

CGR

Likes Dirt
BMX track

Have you been to the BMX track near the city yet? the jumps there are always good fun! Its in the parklands just down pultney street if your coming from the city and down Unley/Old Belair Rd if you're coming from the suburbs.

CGR

Likes Dirt
an 05 Giant Youkon, i've changed some stuff on it. Its not the greatest bike but its decent.

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Giant youkon eh? Can't really say i've seen one of them before either.
Might see you down there at some stage - don't be shy say hello.

Azerin

Likes Dirt
hey wrongie me and cuts n bones basically live at the bike track ay cuts. well we go most weekends like 10 - 5:30 i ride an STP zero. we should go some time how old are u wrongie?

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Lets just say i can drink beer legally, and have done for a few years...
Next week should be the bomb, daylight savings and hot weather - jump pk for me every night. Definately a session going on on wednesday night anyway with a few crew. :)

Azerin

Likes Dirt
i dont know if ud want me and cuts hangin with u though man. were pretty young and we aint nothing special.

Bogaurd

Squid
I think i saw you at the dj's yesterday azerin and cuts, there was a lad riding a green stp0 who seemed to be friends with another guy riding a black 2005 yukon - small frame size.