Adelaide Riding.

taitt

Likes Dirt
Not really teeing up any rides but more a question. I am currently tossing up between heading to WA or Adelaide for University, and obviously MTB is a big part of where I go.

How are the trails around the Adelaide area? I won't have a car so public transport / riding will be the only way around. I'll likely be at the Flinders campus, is there enough transport around there to get to Eagle MTB park or Lynton? How are those trails for DH/AM riding?

Are there a fair few guys riding around Adelaide / able to join in on some road trips with people?

And how is the racing scene?

Any input would be helpful. Cheers guys.

ntj

Likes Dirt
Not really teeing up any rides but more a question. I am currently tossing up between heading to WA or Adelaide for University, and obviously MTB is a big part of where I go.

How are the trails around the Adelaide area? I won't have a car so public transport / riding will be the only way around. I'll likely be at the Flinders campus, is there enough transport around there to get to Eagle MTB park or Lynton? How are those trails for DH/AM riding?

Are there a fair few guys riding around Adelaide / able to join in on some road trips with people?

And how is the racing scene?

Any input would be helpful. Cheers guys.
I asked a similar question before driving over there for a holiday, the Adelaide forum here is pretty dead. I got told to look here www.ilmtb.com instead.

The Mitcham trail network is pretty fun though, good terrain if you ride a Nomad, and so is Eagle Park but I've only ridden Fox Creek xc not dh. No idea about Perth.

adelaide

hi guys
i have been riding over there for a couple of years, still havent ridden all tracks around,
eagle park is great, a little 'used' in some sections, but new tracks have just been created, something to explore and conquer
belair, has some good trails, but a little short,
cudlee creek, great riding, pine forest, awesome great fun, heaps of area to explore

there are other tracks in between, ie, riding from beaumont, up old bullock track to old highway, down to eagle park, do a lap, than back home, a good ride heaps of climbing, and a great downhill run on the way back home

hope this helps