Adelaide trails for a 10 year old

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Doing a Father-Son trip to Adelaide for the Procaliber frame swap and picking up a new bike for Middle Brother while we're there.

I want to take him out but don't know where will be appropriate. He's competent, but not necessarily confident, and will be on a bigger and newer bike.

Where should we go?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
There's a bit of roughish pathway along the beach North of Semaphore. Sort of a continuation of the bike path up from Glenelg...

Other than that there's plenty of double track in the state Forest east of Gawler and the Para conservation area (there's a popular camping ground in the place I'm thinking of...) that I can't remember the name of!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Of you want actual friendly trails (not tracks)
In order of recommendation...

O'HALLORAN Hill
Craigburn farm
Cobbler Creek
Shepherds Hill.

All have good maps.
All are open on tfb days except for extreme (but you wouldn't want to be out with a child anyway)
Sheps has the most shade
Cobbler Creek has a pump track, playground and beginner/intermediate jumps

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
O'halloran Hill's green stuff (Easy As, Gromflow, Haarsma's) is my 10 year old's fave spot. He also handles most stuff at Prospect Hill, and the XC stuff from Fox Creek's top carpark. He handled Green Smoothie no worries, but not up for the climb up Middle Earth yet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
O'halloran Hill's green stuff (Easy As, Gromflow, Haarsma's) is my 10 year old's fave spot. He also handles most stuff at Prospect Hill, and the XC stuff from Fox Creek's top carpark. He handled Green Smoothie no worries, but not up for the climb up Middle Earth yet.

Have you enrolled junior moose in the junior dirt skills courses?

rockmoose

Have you enrolled junior moose in the junior dirt skills courses?
No, not yet. I have 50/50 shared care (although I end up a bit over 80), but haven't been able to make schedules match yet. Will definitely keep aiming for it, because the benefits will be tremendous.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
No, not yet. I have 50/50 shared care (although I end up a bit over 80), but haven't been able to make schedules match yet. Will definitely keep aiming for it, because the benefits will be tremendous.

Next one is at OHH on the 10th Nov.
I'll be away for it but usually coach the tiny kids and then the advanced group.
Our first wave of advanced kids have been kicked out for being too old and they're better technical riders than I am because they've been taught properly.
I'm still stuck with trying to remap my muscle memory having self taught incorrect techniques

Cardy George

Of you want actual friendly trails (not tracks)
In order of recommendation...

O'HALLORAN Hill
Craigburn farm
Cobbler Creek
Shepherds Hill.

All have good maps.
All are open on tfb days except for extreme (but you wouldn't want to be out with a child anyway)
Sheps has the most shade
Cobbler Creek has a pump track, playground and beginner/intermediate jumps
Perfect. I'm thinking we'll check out Cobbler's for him to get accustomed to his bike while we wait for mine, then check out O'Halloran together

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm back from the Mawson adventure, Craigburn will be fine for him... when are you here ? I have the next 9 days off.

Cardy George

I'm back from the Mawson adventure, Craigburn will be fine for him... when are you here ? I have the next 9 days off.
Those were some epic days in the saddle!

I'm still waiting for the final confirmation that the frame has landed in Adelaide, but at this stage we'll be heading over after work next Friday, back home on Sunday

rockmoose

Next one is at OHH on the 10th Nov.
I'll be away for it but usually coach the tiny kids and then the advanced group.
Our first wave of advanced kids have been kicked out for being too old and they're better technical riders than I am because they've been taught properly.
I'm still stuck with trying to remap my muscle memory having self taught incorrect techniques
That one should fit, but I can't find it on ambc. I'll hit you up later for some info, if that's ok?