agent smith

salt_n_pepper

Likes Bikes
*not finished!!!* :)
yeah picked up the smith today and did a little sketchy build to hav a feel of what itd be like and what itd look like and im happy :D :D :D :D :D :D

first look with forks n bars

wheels+seat on

yaya ma dog
yeah from here on the rear wheel is in backwards because i had complications with the cassette not clearing the frame and this way i could roll around on it without that problem lol

thats a pretty nice tree hey

cranks n pedals, the cranks arent setup properly so i took them off.
i think i might need a really really long spindle

yeah cant be bothered with a spec list atm, plus theres not much on there anyway

but the new stuff thats coming is
-atomlab aircorp rear hub in a mavic 721 and im putting a 15T on that
-new anodized blue profile sprocket 33T
-new chain.. dno yet
-new atomlab trailking pedals
-new seat.. dno yet either haha
-probably more stuff i hant thought about yet
-OH YEAH chris king anodized blue headset *drool*

anyway will update as it progresses, should be more built by tmrw

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow that is an awsome build...just curious is that toby's old frame...well not old but the one he is selling?

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you may be having clearance issues with the cassette becaus that frame isnt intended for gears? It looks fairly jump/street specific and I can't see a hole for a hanger, unles those four holes are alternate spots for one?

Tobyjug

Likes Dirt
Yeah thats my old frame, the 4 holes are for a de hanger which i have no idea where it is, so much junk in my toolbox its illegal, hope you have fun on it, i sure did.

jollyollie

Likes Dirt
That rig is tight Pepper. I rekin it's gonna ride fantastic. Bring it out as soon as you can so we can all drool over it :D.

salt_n_pepper

Likes Bikes
yeah duh lebron im not running gears.
i just havnt had a chance to remove the cassette yet and wanted to roll on it

yeah i will enjoy it toby i love it to bits so far and i havnt even ridden it properly haha

jolly henry needs to come to my place with the parts and ill come out straight away i bloody texted him but he hasnt replied yet lol:p
you try! tell him to go to mine and gimme the parts haha

chu it will only get better :)

cheers guys

dj ben

Likes Dirt
thats a sick bike mate... do you mind if i ask how much it cost? you can pm me if you want, but you dont have to answer if you dont want to.

salt_n_pepper

Likes Bikes
i broke the rear skewer today lol trying to run a ghetto setup drivetrain.. lol jolly haha

it failed. so anyway i cant ride it until i get a ss hub and a really long spindle due to more clearance issues

jollyollie

Likes Dirt
No way the ghetto setup was sweet! :cool:

Lets see...
-The hole for the spindle in the sprocket was to big and we didn't have the right spacer
-The single speed kit didn't fit on the hub so we used a cassette and a random 11 tooth driver and the spacing was all wrong so they moved around whe rode it
-It was a quick release axle so it slipped just about every time you got on it
-the spindle was really short and had no spacers so we had to run the sprocket facing the wrong way to avoid it hitting the frame
-the chain and sprocket were about 3 months overdue for replacement and the sprocket was warped heaps
-The ratio was 33-11 or 3:1

and thats only about half of it :eek:.

Can someone say ghetto?