Aggressive geometry all-mountain frames

ryanburke

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

Currently riding a santa cruz heckler (single-pivot). Considering selling to upgrade to a multi-pivot and slightly more aggressive frame. What are some ideas for full bikes around the $2k mark that I should keep an eye out for with a frame more suited to downhill than uphill? Still want an all mountain bike I can get up trails considering I train a fair bit, but just after a bike that will be more fun on the downhill sections.

Cheers!

moorey

call me Mia
Heckler is a good option. My mate runs 2 and loves them
26" model geo isn't that aggressive though. With the 170mm marz cr he runs, I think it's still got a 67 head angle.

ryanburke

Likes Bikes
Heckler is a good option. My mate runs 2 and loves them
26" model geo isn't that aggressive though. With the 170mm marz cr he runs, I think it's still got a 67 head angle.

Cheers moorey!
After a multi-pivot frame though, what do you think would be a good option mate?

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers moorey!
After a multi-pivot frame though, what do you think would be a good option mate?
Oops. Misread :behindsofa:
on your budget of $2k there are some great near new non boutique bikes out there, or a little older boutique.
Or was that $2k for complete new bike?

ryanburke

Likes Bikes
Oops. Misread :behindsofa:
on your budget of $2k there are some great near new non boutique bikes out there, or a little older boutique.
Or was that $2k for complete new bike?

yep $2k for complete bike. Not really interested in just buying a frame and putting components from my heckler onto it because the frame is really the main reason I want to sell.

ryanburke

Likes Bikes
My mate just sold mint 2013 enduro comp with upgrades for $2k, btw. Bargain
That is a bargain! sh*t... Will need to keep a sharp eye out.
Do you think the enduro's have a more aggressive geometry than a heckler though? #1 concern.

Hey mate !!!

if you interestet have a look at the new bionicon evo frames (German Brand) they have a special for the new frame first 200 buyers 1000 euro discount what means you pay 950 euro and you can choose wheel size 26 or 27.5 and travel 160 or 180 mm i think its a good deal......

Dutto

Likes Bikes
My 2 cents is GT Force. I know it's not exactly main stream in Oz but usually priced well and ride nice. Single pivot with a "twist". I got a 2011.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 2 cents is GT Force. I know it's not exactly main stream in Oz but usually priced well and ride nice. Single pivot with a "twist". I got a 2011.
Yeah but that's got a 68 HA, not very aggressive... apparently.

Z

Zaf

Aggressive is a way you ride, and a little less a feature of geometry...well, don't take the numbers too seriously.
My Fuel EX rocks a 68° HA and only 120mm of travel, and that didn't stop it being an aggressive bike in how it tackles terrain.
The Yeti SB66 with a 150mm fork on it sits around the 66.7° HA, and that bike burls through stuff with great confidence also.

Used words and now I've figured out how to say it. An aggressive bike is one that inspires confidence in its rider to push them through familiar terrain at higher speeds, and to attempt obstacles they otherwise wouldn't. If a bike with a 68° HA does this for you, I'd think twice before writing it off on HA alone.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's an aggressive down hill head angle for you then Rendog?
Aggressive is a way you ride, and a little less a feature of geometry...well, don't take the numbers too seriously.
My Fuel EX rocks a 68° HA and only 120mm of travel, and that didn't stop it being an aggressive bike in how it tackles terrain.
The Yeti SB66 with a 150mm fork on it sits around the 66.7° HA, and that bike burls through stuff with great confidence also.

Used words and now I've figured out how to say it. An aggressive bike is one that inspires confidence in its rider to push them through familiar terrain at higher speeds, and to attempt obstacles they otherwise wouldn't. If a bike with a 68° HA does this for you, I'd think twice before writing it off on HA alone.
I agree with Zaf. I have a friend who owns an XTC (69.5 HA) and he rides it extremely aggressive, geometry doesn't determine everything.