Air Preload?

Jimass

Eats Squid
Hi all, *n00b question alert* I was wondering if I could run my 08 888 RCV's with no preload?
After seeing two fellow riders with the same fork model, year and even colour forks running a heap of sag I thought; ' Wow they must run no preload'. BUT I remembered that I pretty sure once read that you're no supposed to run no preload as if can damage your forks some how. Answers please and sorry if it has been asked before the internet is only allowing me to look at things infact it took ages to load this page, if it has point me in the right direction!
Anyway I seriously don't know the answer.
Cheers Jack.

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I havent heard anyone doing damage to their internals from not running AirPL. Never really thought about it to be honest. AirPL, unlike SPV, doesnt have a min pressure (range is just 0-15psi right?) so I would think you would be safe.
Air PL only assists the springs...springs will essentially do most of the work regardless.

But that said, if you are creating too much sag on the fork when the bike is stationary, you should probably be using it...

Does the manual say anything?

Jimass

Eats Squid
Thanks Ango..

I don't have the manual as I bought the bike second hand... Trying to get on the Marz sight but it should be right I'll have a play around with it and see.