Airdog, automated aerial go-pro drone.

Luco

Likes Dirt
I watched that vid and it looks like a great bit of kit... Think I remember reading somewhere that it is priced over $1000 dollars!? Would provide some different perspective on mtbing, would be awesome.
I was tossing up the idea of getting one of those dj phantom quadcopter drone thingys cause I like flying helis and never use my gopro anymore. But I just think it's one of those things you use for a month and then get over it, like my gopro...

So, you gonna get one?

xTeq

Likes Bikes
Ive noticed in the videos that the drone is in a wide open area with virtually no obstacles, this being said, Im wondering how the drone will fair in bushland, flying through with us through bushy tracks. I don't think it'd like the company of a tree branch, haha!

Luco

Likes Dirt
Ive noticed in the videos that the drone is in a wide open area with virtually no obstacles, this being said, Im wondering how the drone will fair in bushland, flying through with us through bushy tracks. I don't think it'd like the company of a tree branch, haha!
I was thinking the same thing myself. Would be an expensive mistake to make! Perhaps you could set the height of its hover so it could fly above trees etc...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I was thinking the same thing myself. Would be an expensive mistake to make! Perhaps you could set the height of its hover so it could fly above trees etc...
You can......via your smart phone. This would be for some one that buys a GoPro and uses for a month and never gets it out. More so for those people that use their GoPro every time they surf, board, bike or do anything remotely interesting.
Forget about asking your friends to film you, or someone missing out on a run because it was their turn to film. This solves that problem.

My question is what happens when it runs out of power? lol

xTeq

Likes Bikes
I know the trails that I do has quite a number of trees and using the go pro, from a distance, it doesnt really capture whats going on... Unless theres a zoom function on my gopro I dont know about? LOL!