Aireal Chainguide

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering what people thing of the Aireal Insutries Chainguide, heard any stories, recomendations, experience with the product, It is a pretty expensive guide so it would be handy to know if it is worth the purchase.

tu plang

knob
u should find a bit about em if u do a search, lupine has one atleast, maybe 2, and he only has good things to say bout them... where is lupine?

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
yer were both gettin 1, (u get better deals if u buy 2). but if any1 got or know of them (design faults, strong, weak, smooth, keeps chain on?) plz tell us

dhd

Downhill Direct
They work well. Only thing I don't like about them is the roller is plastic and is noisy........But then again I'm a "quiet bike" junkie so you mightn't find it a problem. I replaced mine with a MRP roller and it's sweet as.

S.

ex offender
I've been running mine for a bit over a year, all I can say is that I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Cheap and effective, piss easy to set up, bit noisy but whatever. The bashguard isn't up to sprocket grinds, but it'll take a fair whack from anything you ride over.

lotec

Banned
i'd get an evil srs there not that much more and u get the P-H-A-T makrolon bashguard but hey support an australian company?

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes defintelly , support the australian brands!!!!
globalistation has killed of our australian owned businesses but we still do have some running strong.
who agrees with me?

lotec

Banned
i do but i kill bashguards in like 5 mins or else i would get an aireal industries one in a second

MIKEY B

Likes Dirt
I dont have one but have seen a few on some local bikes and the look a bit flimsy - especially the grub screw bit to hold the guide in place- I think that a Mr dirt Gizmo is the best set-up and will be getting one as soon as i destroy the standard roller guides that came with my Ac.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I've had a few. And I will continue to. They work. Period.

Oh and FYI they arn't expensive. Price some other guides out there.

But yeah- make sure you locktight all the bolts.

Konaman

Likes Dirt
lotecsiriusconcept said:
i'd get an evil srs there not that much more and u get the P-H-A-T makrolon bashguard but hey support an australian company?
Isnt the evil like considerably more expensive like over 100 dollars more?

Tankass

Likes Dirt
i own set of them and the overall performace are quite good.if setup properly(likeany other guides),it shouldnt give u any problem.but the onli thing is,the rollers are kinda noisy.would suggest to go for the blackspire,cos its totally the same thing.and the new blacespire guides support the iscg<--(hope i get the spelling correct).and it comes with softer rollers,quieter,and comes with chainring as well.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
MIKEY B said:
as soon as i destroy the standard roller guides that came with my Ac.
not that hard to, i distroyed my rollers at thredbo, now i have my aireal guide so its all good.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
i've had one on both bikes (DH/huck and dirtjumper), and they work a lot better on hartails... on the dh bike the guide would be slammed into the ground under full compression, and would derail at the same time- not the ticket on a dh bike... coolleyney- it should be ok on the ac- i had one on mine and it was fine. Damn stupid bullit!!!!!!

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
daver, i allready got it and its on my ac, works so well, took awhile to get it set right but is smooth as now

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've got 1 on my hardtail and initially I had a few problems with it.... and then I adjusted it... :oops: Works heaps better now!!! :D

It was cheaper than the other guides I saw, and it was good to buy Aussie 2!

I'd get one again....