Airshot Tyre Inflator.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I use co2 cartridges. Work really well every time even on 2.4 HR2's or 5" fat bike tyres. As said just have the valve somewhere between 9 and 3 o'clock. In fact just anywhere but pointing directly where a pool of sealant would be.

It is worth making sure the tubeless set up is 'optimised' for seating (ie soapy water etc) as it's frustrating to waste a few bucks for no reason.

They can work out and about too. Good for popping a tyre bike on if you've burped it or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I've done heaps with little co2 inflators, wheel vertical, valve at top, sealant at bottom (obviously), no issues with frozen sealant, perhaps frozen sealant is from blasting co2 straight into sealant?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Thats how I`ve done it . Recently changed to the Rubena sealant from Stans so it may be more temperamental even though Stans make the Rubena stuff .

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I don't understand that part either. How is the canister responsible for your tyre failing on a jump landing?
Yeah probably poor choice of words , it could have possibly not seated well although it felt fine and I was at my wits end and the CO2 was my last resort , it could have been a faulty tyre or more to the point the hack of a rider that I am .
CO2 does not react well with a lot of sealants . I`ve used Joes and Stans with no problems when i have burped a tyre . Looks like the Rubena stuff reacts so I will keep CO2 away from it .

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
I've been using CO2 to inflate my tyres. After there inflated I carefully remove core to let out the freezing co2 & inject the sealant in. Then they pump up using regular pump. Seems to work fine for me so far.
Ps wheel and tyre is hanging of a piece of string the whole time.