All Mountain Tyres

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I put a SS on the back of the Sight last night, replacing the stock DHR. Hoping this will help the pedalling side of things. I'll be testing it out Sunday, when we return to Forrest.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Have ridden the 2.6 Butcher now a few times even in an XC race. Loads of grip.
Also been aired up for over a month, no sealant, no losing air. Just magic! Its slightly wider than the 2.5 Maxxis so seems fairly true to size. Not great for XC but good fun and I'm not fit anyway.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
I put a SS on the back of the Sight last night, replacing the stock DHR. Hoping this will help the pedalling side of things. I'll be testing it out Sunday, when we return to Forrest.
how'd you go with the SS? ive got one sitting in the wardrobe waiting for me to justify running it on my sight...not sure how itll like tassie conditions

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
how'd you go with the SS? ive got one sitting in the wardrobe waiting for me to justify running it on my sight...not sure how itll like tassie conditions
It went really well yesterday. Seemed to roll and pedal a lot better than the DHR, and no issues with grip at all.

grimrepa

Likes Bikes
I've been running Maxxis Minion SS (Semi Slick) and they run surprisingly well expect for Wet Conditions. Very Quick Rolling enough grip for Downhill and even good in sand.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've been running Maxxis Minion SS (Semi Slick) and they run surprisingly well expect for Wet Conditions. Very Quick Rolling enough grip for Downhill and even good in sand.
It went really well yesterday. Seemed to roll and pedal a lot better than the DHR, and no issues with grip at all.
I like them, just need to watch yourself on the faster steep stuff when you need a lot of rear wheel braking.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Some 2.6" as well! Reckon a Maxxis 2.6" should be equivalent to 2.4 in every other brand :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
I got the dual compound one which I think is +. It's awesome tyre! Love it. Blows up big too, it's as wide as a 2.5 Minion.

stickso

Likes Dirt
It's going great hey. As wide as a 2.5 Minion too. It's the dual compound one which I think is the +.

Thanks. I'm trying 29" wheels on my 27.5+ hardtail and the 2.5" 29er Minion is just over 1kg so I'm looking at lighter alternatives.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
ran a 2.3 Highroller 2 on the rear today. Grip for days but holy crapper it was slow- like dragging an anchor. Stick with it on the front me thinks.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Anyone out there know of good sources for 26+ tyres?

Thinking of dabbling with some... I had wanted to get some WTB Rangers on recommendation of another 'burner but can't find anywhere to buy them.