All Mountain Tyres

wombat

Lives in a hole
Damm... No seal... Pops and all but keeps leaking from the sides..

Not happy Jann
They've got the 'TL' logo on the sidewall, yeah? Give them a few minutes to see if the sealant stops the leaks, otherwise take them back to the shop for warranty.

I've never had any dramas with schwalbe tubeless ready tyres on UST rims (except for a leaky valve on my eastons).

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
They've got the 'TL' logo on the sidewall, yeah? Give them a few minutes to see if the sealant stops the leaks, otherwise take them back to the shop for warranty.

I've never had any dramas with schwalbe tubeless ready tyres on UST rims (except for a leaky valve on my eastons).
And make sure you go for the Snakeskin versions. Much better support in the sidewalls and hold air much better.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Currently running HD/NN combo, but looking at trying out something different (something a little more aggressive now that I'm letting the DH rig go).

What's everyone's thoughts on High Roller II EXO 3C TR 2.3s? $50 on Pushys so cheap / local

Not keen on running Minion Exos or the 2.4 HR IIs as they aren't officially 'TR' and have read that they burp / roll off rims easily.....

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For that price give it a go I reckon.

I'm running a 2.35 single ply Highroller 1 60a tubeless on a Crossmax UST rim. Fast , fun and as long wearing as a HR could be on the back. No problems with sealing but I did have to use a tube to seat the bead , then remove tube , add Stans and reinflate with a few choice words of encouragement. Fast , fun and long wearing. A bit wild in the wet but.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
For that price give it a go I reckon.

I'm running a 2.35 single ply Highroller 1 60a tubeless on a Crossmax UST rim. Fast , fun and as long wearing as a HR could be on the back. No problems with sealing but I did have to use a tube to seat the bead , then remove tube , add Stans and reinflate with a few choice words of encouragement. Fast , fun and long wearing. A bit wild in the wet but.
My other worry is the 2.3 sizing....considering how tiny 2.5 Minions a bit concerned about a 2.3 HRII as a front...

Really keen to get my hands on the new Magic Mary (Trailstar) for the front to pair with a HD (Pacestar) rear but still not stocked anywhere....

Otherwise might wait for TR Minion Exos (only available in 29ers....)

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah the 2.35 HR used to be on the front but I replaced it with a 2.35 HD Trailstar. The difference is night and day , no surprise haha. After summer I will put something else on the rear , Conti Trail King or X King maybe ?

Short of going with something 2.5 from Maxxis , sounds like a Schwalbe 2.35 tubeless ready snakeskin casing will be your best bet. Or a Conti.....

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently running HD/NN combo, but looking at trying out something different (something a little more aggressive now that I'm letting the DH rig go).
Where are you finding you're stretching the limits of this combo? I have this combo and ride fairly hard, and I'm also a big, big rider. I mostly ride on DH orientated tracks.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Where are you finding you're stretching the limits of this combo? I have this combo and ride fairly hard, and I'm also a big, big rider. I mostly ride on DH orientated tracks.
Grips great generally, can't fault the HD - mostly just not happy with the NN.

Even in a SS casing it's a pretty weak tyre and has to be run at pretty high pressure to not rim bash / roll.

Will probably just go HD F+R, and Magic Mary Front when they're available

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grips great generally, can't fault the HD - mostly just not happy with the NN.

Even in a SS casing it's a pretty weak tyre and has to be run at pretty high pressure to not rim bash / roll.
What pressures? I run mine about 32-33, I'm 120kg and never bash the rim.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maxxis tyres can be diff widths with the same description on the sidewall.

See below.. This is straight off Maxxis' website and can be found here. http://www.maxxis.com/Bicycle/Mountain/Minion-DHF.aspx

ETRTO is the sizing you want to look at, not the width in inches....

notice the size, 26 x 2.3 (58-559) foldable bead, is wider than the 26 x 2.35(52-559) wire bead !:loco:

Size (ETRTO) TPI Bead Weight (g) Compound Max Psi Bike Tech
26X2.30 ( 58-559 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 845 DUAL 60 EXO/TR
26X2.30 ( 58-559 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 845 3C MAXX TERRA 60 3C/EXO/TR
26X2.35 ( 52-559 ) Black 60 WIRE 825 SUPER TACKY 65 ST
26X2.35 ( 52-559 ) Black 60 WIRE 785 SINGLE 65
26X2.35 ( 52-559 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 700 SINGLE 65
26X2.50 ( 55-559 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 835 SINGLE 65 EXO
26X2.50 ( 55-559 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 860 3C MAXX TERRA 65 3C/EXO
26X2.50 ( 55/59-560 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 930 SINGLE 65 ST/EXO
27.5X2.30 ( 58-584 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 825 3C MAXX TERRA 60 3C/EXO/TR
29X2.30 ( 58-622 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 925 DUAL 60 EXO/TR
29X2.30 ( 58-622 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 925 3C MAXX TERRA 60 3C/EXO/TR
29X2.50 ( 63-662 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 1,015 DUAL 50 EXO/TR
29X2.50 ( 63-622 ) Black 60 FOLDABLE 1,015 3C MAXX TERRA 60 3C/EXO/TR

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cant understand the logic either?:loco:

WTB tyres are a genuine high volume tyre.. even they had their idiosyncrasies... I bought a wolverine and a nano race. one a 2.3 and one a 2.2 in 29 size, and they were both 58 mm wide according to the sidewall. (Pretty certain that was the width) I know they were exactly the same dimension with diff imperial sizes on the sidewall.. It worked out fine for my requirements, but still....:suspicious:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got me a 27.5 x 2.3 3c Exo Minion DHF on order... should be a good match for the 27.5 x 2.2 Exo Ardent I have sitting at home. Keen to get them on running tubeless and ditch the shitty Schwalbes my trance came with

DJR

Likes Dirt
shitty Schwalbes my trance came with
Yeah those nobby nics aren't that great are they (trance 1 27.5, loving it but tyres, not loving it), light but that's about all that's good, squirmy, no real protection when running lowish pressure. flatted twice already. Going to go for ardent exo 27.5's if i can find them

Edit: actually high roller II exo TR 2.3 rear and ardent race 3C EXO 2.2 TR front, hoping it'll be a good combo for the pretty gnarly and sandy trails I usually hit. Now for some FR tubes, stuff weight for the moment till I go tubeless

Last edited:

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Yeah those nobby nics aren't that great are they (trance 1 27.5, loving it but tyres, not loving it), light but that's about all that's good, squirmy, no real protection when running lowish pressure. flatted twice already. Going to go for ardent exo 27.5's if i can find them

Edit: actually high roller II exo TR 2.3 rear and ardent race 3C EXO 2.2 TR front, hoping it'll be a good combo for the pretty gnarly and sandy trails I usually hit. Now for some FR tubes, stuff weight for the moment till I go tubeless
Totally agree. I've got a trance 2 27.5 and find exactly the same. I think its a bad combo of narrow rims not providing much support and paper thin sidewalls. Every time I turn into a corner, they seem to squirm and roll around the rim. Not confidence inspiring at all, especially compared with the capability of the bike. I've bought a new front wheel with a flow rim to widen it out and next upgrade will be a new front tyre.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Um, you mean HRII Front and Ardent Race Rear yeah? Lol....

clockworked

Like an orange
tried out the michelin wild grip'r from tbsm. It was a cheap replacement for a maxxis tubeless.

I'm a big fan, love the round casing and transitional knobs for cornering grip. Would recommend.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Um, you mean HRII Front and Ardent Race Rear yeah? Lol....
Yeah that's probably a better combo that way round.. i should try and find the TR exo non-race ardents, they'd be fine front and back, happy with the ardent exos front and back on my old 26er

DJR

Likes Dirt
Totally agree. I've got a trance 2 27.5 and find exactly the same. I think its a bad combo of narrow rims not providing much support and paper thin sidewalls. Every time I turn into a corner, they seem to squirm and roll around the rim. Not confidence inspiring at all, especially compared with the capability of the bike. I've bought a new front wheel with a flow rim to widen it out and next upgrade will be a new front tyre.
Yeah I am trying to work out if it's the 32mm stanchions, narrow rims or the tyres that are letting the tracking down. Compared to my old norco 26er it doesn't rail stuff that as well, then again it is 3 or 4kg lighter all round and has slightly bigger tyres...

Let us know how the flow rims go. I might even just get my std wheel rebuilt with a rim that's a bit beefier if the flow rims work