All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
So I bought a second one of those magnetic "Magic" bottles and it arrived damaged. The screw top is damaged in two spots on the cap and the bottle and it doesn't hold water. It was packed in just a flimsy satchel.

I messaged the seller to let them know it arrived damaged and sent the following photos:

This is the reply I got:

My spidey senses are tingling and it doesn't feel legit. Thoughts?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The way I look at buying stuff off Ali...
I'm buying something ridiculously cheap, chances are it's shit, or it will never turn up...if it does turn up chances are it won't be right...if it happens to turn up and work, then great. If it fails after a week, well serves me right for being a stingy mofo.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So I bought a second one of those magnetic "Magic" bottles and it arrived damaged. The screw top is damaged in two spots on the cap and the bottle and it doesn't hold water. It was packed in just a flimsy satchel.

I messaged the seller to let them know it arrived damaged and sent the following photos:
View attachment 387561
View attachment 387562
View attachment 387563

This is the reply I got:
View attachment 387564

My spidey senses are tingling and it doesn't feel legit. Thoughts?
I would start a dispute that it's damaged, and you want a replacement or a refund.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm buying something ridiculously cheap, chances are it's shit, or it will never turn up...if it does turn up chances are it won't be right...if it happens to turn up and work, then great. If it fails after a week, well serves me right for being a stingy mofo.
They make minimal money out of most of the stuff, that's the way I look at it, but I'm still miles ahead. You just got to do a lot of research, some sellers are good and others are woeful. I bought a small electric motor ($15) and it didn't work, had to pull it apart. Found that the stupid fuckers never removed the enamel from the windings where it connects to the commutator, cleaned it and the motor is way better than what it replaced.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Exactly, its like having a gambling addiction but you end up with more bike parts.

Labcanary

I would start a dispute that it's damaged, and you want a replacement or a refund.
Done, cheers for the input. It's a bummer because I'm really happy with the original one I bought. Same seller, just bad luck with the packaging person I guess.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Done, cheers for the input. It's a bummer because I'm really happy with the original one I bought. Same seller, just bad luck with the packaging person I guess.
Yeah, sounds a bit suspect of what they've asked of you. I had one ages ago beg for me to wait a few weeks for the item to arrive before I asked for a refund, then it ran out of time for the refund and the bugger wouldn't refund me anything.

ausdb

Being who he is
I think the packaging persons KPI is to get the item into as small a parcel as possible whilst using the least amount of packaging materials.
I bought some stuff recently and there was a headset bearing in the order but I couldn't find it. It wasnt until I opened every package I found it had been slipped inside the box of something else.

Labcanary

Yeah, sounds a bit suspect of what they've asked of you. I had one ages ago beg for me to wait a few weeks for the item to arrive before I asked for a refund, then it ran out of time for the refund and the bugger wouldn't refund me anything.
The seller implored me to "Friends, please believe me."
Aliexpress offered a refund based on my photos and description. That was a very quick response.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone guinea pigged Aliexpress 12 speed chains?
No.

While there's a tiny chance they could be real, the world is saturated with fake KMC, Shimano, SRAM and YBN chains.

The majority of these come from eBay, AliExpress, Amazon, Banggood and other Chi sellers.

G00Gl33 it, there is load of info out there, even pictures with distinguishing differences to help you identify if you have been sold a fake.

The issue is that these fake chains are only slightly cheaper than the real thing.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No.

While there's a tiny chance they could be real, the world is saturated with fake KMC, Shimano, SRAM and YBN chains.

The majority of these come from eBay, AliExpress, Amazon, Banggood and other Chi sellers.

G00Gl33 it, there is load of info out there, even pictures with distinguishing differences to help you identify if you have been sold a fake.

The issue is that these fake chains are only slightly cheaper than the real thing.
Thank you for your service.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thank you for your service.
I have spoke to a YBN retailer here in Aus and he assures me his chains are 100% genuine and sourced from Taiwan, has also asked me to call him direct and he will supply more proof of authenticity (I didn't take up his offer as I bought them at 2am)

I've ordered a couple of 12 spd YBN SLA Ti chains to try out as they are meant to be very good.

Can go guinea pig and post up my thoughts after I get them.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have spoke to a YBN retailer here in Aus and he assures me his chains are 100% genuine and sourced from Taiwan, has also asked me to call him direct and he will supply more proof of authenticity (I didn't take up his offer as I bought them at 2am)

I've ordered a couple of 12 spd YBN SLA Ti chains to try out as they are meant to be very good.

Can go guinea pig and post up my thoughts after I get them.

Pricing is pretty decent too. Cheers