All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Astro has used them on a few bikes and rates them but I've not used them first hand. A mate is running the 11spd version and it's ok, probably not as crisp as a Shimano one, but not bad.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I think a few have tried the ztto cassettes to varying degrees of success. I have one of these on my bike and has been fine. Must be around 800km on it now.

Only caveat might be that I'm running the 11speed NX derailleur and shifter that came standard on my bike, so super crisp changing is probably not a feature. But the sunshine cassette is at least as good as the SRAM one it replaced.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Zitto are saying they have 2 cassettes on the heavy one 50T aliuminium is thicker. Emm wonder if that makes a diifference.

takai

Eats Squid
So I ended up ordering the RYET carbon wheelset, and what a fail. Firstly they said they went complete radio silence for almost a month, and then they said they had sent them but cancelled the shipment, and now they want me to cancel my dispute before re-sending. Nah, stuff that, going with someone else.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So I ended up ordering the RYET carbon wheelset, and what a fail. Firstly they said they went complete radio silence for almost a month, and then they said they had sent them but cancelled the shipment, and now they want me to cancel my dispute before re-sending. Nah, stuff that, going with someone else.
Don't cancel the dispute, I had done that a while ago and I couldn't reopen another dispute after what they promised fell through, it seems you only have one go at it.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a good experience then, bummer. my CarbonBeam DH rims are enroute, took 2 weeks to ship - presumably they make them to order. They sent them express which is a nice bonus.

takai

Eats Squid
Not a good experience then, bummer. my CarbonBeam DH rims are enroute, took 2 weeks to ship - presumably they make them to order. They sent them express which is a nice bonus.
They didnt even update the tracking and mark it "sent" until 3hrs before the automatic refund point; and now they keep rejecting the AliExpress arbitration and pressuring me to cancel. Yeah, nah.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Getting similar grief from drop shipper who i bought from through ALI. Will be checking the store more carefully if i ever try that again. No product, no refund. Spend ages uploading Auspost documentation showing product returned after fuck up by Auspost and signed for by drop shipper only to have the 'bot reply 'no refund' about one second later...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

takai

Eats Squid
So here is the outcome of my AliExpress woes:

Didnt want to have to wait for another month to ride the gravel bike and so checked out FB marketplace for some interim wheels. Found a guy selling off the last of a batch of Elite wheels that he brought in during COVID, and grabbed a set for $30 more than what i was waiting for off AliX. Much win.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Something happened about 2 years ago and these all disappeared, maybe Fox got the shits with Ali the counterfeiting chunt.

Luckily I had 10-12 pairs already in action.

Back again and ordered 8 more black pairs tonight.

Great riding socks, very nicely made and feel as real if not better than the few pairs of original Fox socks I own... Hope this batch is the same as the last.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Something happened about 2 years ago and these all disappeared, maybe Fox got the shits with Ali the counterfeiting chunt.

Luckily I had 10-12 pairs already in action.

Back again and ordered 8 more black pairs tonight.

Great riding socks, very nicely made and feel as real if not better than the few pairs of original Fox socks I own... Hope this batch is the same as the last.

Maybe the Chinese have a version like in USA where they auction off storage units after a period of time and 1000's of these socks were inside.

I hate it when you buy multiple items and the delivery charges keep going up more than the item.

Free shipping on these. Well for 1 pair.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
While we're on the topic, has anybody come across riding socks for people with big feet?

I have a couple of pairs of Fox cotton ones that are too tight in XL. Maybe the merino ones are better.

Best fitting pair I have oddly some freebies that came with a Torpedo 7 order years ago.