All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Magura knock offs are tempting for around $65 shipped. I guess there's every chance they are rejects though and an out of tolerance floating rotor could be a pain in the arse , not to mention , dangerous...

Jesus I've just purchased some other 180mm rotors from our Chinese overlords, now I'll have to get two sets.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
22kms on the "Cruz bike" 155mm cranks.

Normal riding (for me), rock gardens, small jumps, pedal mashing etc.

No warp-age, twisting of the crank arms. Definitely a different feel, will need to go on a few more rides to properly sync with them

PJO

in me vL comy
22kms on the "Cruz bike" 155mm cranks.

Normal riding (for me), rock gardens, small jumps, pedal mashing etc.

No warp-age, twisting of the crank arms. Definitely a different feel, will need to go on a few more rides to properly sync with them
Good to hear that your still intact.
I rode some 155 Sram NX cranks for a while before they went on the latest kids bike. Agree that it felt a little odd at first but it didn't take me long to get used to it. Riding 165s on that bike now because it has a low BB.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah wasn't bad different, just different.

Raised my Seatpost to suit the shorter cranks, but it also had me thinking whilst riding if I should change the fore/aft position too.

But I think that was just it feeling different with the 15mm shorter cranks

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Temu is pretty close to Ali - got a few pairs of these for the multitude of grips my kids go thru, I don't think they'l replace my goto DRM Deathgrips but good to have a few pair in the shed and can't fault them at $6-7 - Temu seems to deliver faster than Ali as well

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Took a gamble on an AliExpress MS freehub body.. just the body itself, using the original ratchets from my hub...everything seems to check out, fit is fine dimensions all ok, the bearings look dubious (plain black seals no labelling) but time will tell, easy enough to swap out should they decide to cark it anyway...
I paid $15 a few weeks ago but now it's on sale for $21, so it's almost like they are getting their sales tips from MTBD....

Screenshot_20240208-173257.png

PSX_20240208_173655.jpg

Shredden

Knows his goats
Took a gamble on an AliExpress MS freehub body.. just the body itself, using the original ratchets from my hub...
I bought a similar one of these a few months ago from Ali (this one here) fitted to a DT350. Pulled it off the other day after maybe 20 rides? Bearings are totally fucked, luckily it looks like I caught them before they fully seized and damaged the axle. Not too worried about that - good freshies would be $20 - 30.

What I am a little more worried about is the interface that the star ratchet floats back and forth in. It's already starting to show some wear and the star ratchet binds in it the slightest bit when pushing it in and out by hand - if the star ratchet were to seize more seriously in here I reakon you'd pretty quickly lose engagement. Just a heads up that it might be worth monitoring! I think I'm just about ready to bend over and buy a real DT one.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve been running a HG AliExpress driver for about a year now. Been fine. Forgot that it was an AliExpress one TBH

safreek

Got my Chinese King headset today from ali, looks flash as.
Will see how it compares to my real king headset in the next week or two. Same colour side by side so that's a good start.

Could of sworn I ordered a gold one but I must be tripping

IMG_20240212_095257.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Got my Chinese King headset today from ali, looks flash as.
Will see how it compares to my real king headset in the next week or two. Same colour side by side so that's a good start.

Could of sworn I ordered a gold one but I must be tripping

View attachment 406866
Got a linky @safreek?
I've got a couple of frames that need a new headset, and a fake CK would look better than the eBay "Jessica" ones.

safreek

No problem, hope the link.works. Not as cheap as some Ali headsets but looks sweet

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
AU$25.99 15%OFF | Headset KING 34MM Bearing Headset / External Wrist Group / Road Bike Headset Group / Mountain Bicycle Washer 113g 7 Colors

Labcanary

No problem, hope the link.works. Not as cheap as some Ali headsets but looks sweet

AU$25.99 15%OFF | Headset KING 34MM Bearing Headset / External Wrist Group / Road Bike Headset Group / Mountain Bicycle Washer 113g 7 Colors
Cheers!

safreek

Or cheaper because of the cheaper postage.
Not much, only a few bucks but when you are a scrooge like me. Just bought 2 more, damn you PayPal 4 payments

AU$28.94 5%OFF | Headset KING 34MM Bearing Headset / External Wrist Group / Road Bike Headset Group / Mountain Bicycle Washer 113g 7 Colors

Labcanary

Or cheaper because of the cheaper postage.
Not much, only a few bucks but when you are a scrooge like me. Just bought 2 more, damn you PayPal 4 payments

AU$28.94 5%OFF | Headset KING 34MM Bearing Headset / External Wrist Group / Road Bike Headset Group / Mountain Bicycle Washer 113g 7 Colors
$8 cheaper for two with this link. Super nice, thanks!