All the Covid bike purchases flooding the market?

smiffy

Likes Bikes
I've noticed quite a lot of Norco Sights and Optics, Yeti SB130/150 and Forbidden bikes lately for sale.
Usually people start selling off the toys (bikes, motorbikes, jetski, boats etc) first when money starts to get tight.
Otherwise they are chasing an E-bike.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Noticed most of them are asking 90 to 120 percent of the new price too.... I swear people don't understand the concept of depreciation.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
The chemo finished 2 weeks ago and I'm actually feeling much worse than when on it. Hope that's not a bad sign, they are doing another scan in 5 days time so fingers crossed
I had chemo about 6 to 8 weeks ago now... ended up so sick I spent 3 to 4 days in hospital... felt horrible for a few weeks. Now I feel OK but I get worn out easily. Big day at work on Tuesday and simply couldn't go in today and didn't even manage to drag myself out if bed until 230pm.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Certainly not a big man at the moment, puny little arms and all, dropped around 12 kg so rather skeletal
When it's all over I will rebuild, it's the Lismore way :)
I trust that some dank medicinal edibles are part of that way :)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've noticed it in the email promotions and other online ads. Bikes and parts for sale, promo offers and lots of bikes being offered up as people take up E-bike options as stated earlier. Can't say I blame them. ;)

Prices for good kit should hold but there's always something selling with an exorbitant premium placed on it which will hang around for much longer.

On the other hand, some prospective buyers are hopelessly optimistic about the influence "cash now!" may have. :rolleyes:

Seems like we're back to normal then.

safreek

I had chemo about 6 to 8 weeks ago now... ended up so sick I spent 3 to 4 days in hospital... felt horrible for a few weeks. Now I feel OK but I get worn out easily. Big day at work on Tuesday and simply couldn't go in today and didn't even manage to drag myself out if bed until 230pm.
Yeah it's pretty fucked, I just finished 6 months and struggled to keep my business running. Apart from the illness it has been financially disastrous when you need to pay others to do your work. Good luck in your battle, head up

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I needed to sell a bike to help fund a new bike . I priced it at what I thought was quite reasonable compared to others and ended up having to take a lot less than I`d wanted - in the end I think we have to be realistic and price less than what we think they`re worth . In regards to stock levels what a nightmare it was to find a small - and only a couple months ago . I wanted a long travel 29 and had a short list that included focus , scott , canyon and yt . There were options for $10000 bikes but way out of my budget . Plus I had my wanted spec list in mind too which throws another spanner in the works . Stock was non existent and long lead times too . Every bike shop I went into was also stocked with the most amount of e bikes I`d ever seen . Thats all we sell they all said . Whatever . Of all things I walked into my local Trek shop and was surprised that they had real bikes . Asked about the slash and was told no smalls until mid next year - great . Then he says oh , Canberra show a small slash . One call later they confirmed so I got them to order for me . I settled for RS suspension instead of Fox and only had to swap brakes out . A little overpriced compared to some others but very happy with it .