Allround Dirtjumper

maca14

Likes Bikes
Hey Rotorburnians

Just thought that i would interrupt your busy lives to ask about a dirt jumper that is strong or should i just get a slope-style bike, Post photos of your rig and if you want to sell i'm looking for a bike!:thumb:

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
really depends on what you want to do, I had a charge blender & picked up this Banshee Rampant frame & Fox 831's recently. Then pulled apart my charge to build this DJ, & general all rounder.

Alas I'm not looking to sell, but the options are endless it all comes down to what you want from your bike

maca14

Likes Bikes
Nice Banshee

Yerr i'm looking for something like you have got. I want a dirt jumper but i was just wondering what peoples views where one the slope bikes and if there are any advantages etc. Defiantly single speed though, i don't really need gears.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
all comes down to feel, the charge was definitely a better dj bike & park bike but really limited to that. Having a rear shock sucks up speed on jumps but can let you go bigger with less fear(that's my opinion). I run 9speed more so cause I use this for everything but in all honesty I use maybe 4 or 5 of the gears.

The DMR Bolt, the specialized p slope, nukeproof rook, ns soda are all good slope style frames.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yerr i'm looking for something like you have got. I want a dirt jumper but i was just wondering what peoples views where one the slope bikes and if there are any advantages etc. Defiantly single speed though, i don't really need gears.
If you don't want gears, your main slope bike options are: Specialized P.Slope, BlkMrkt Killswitch, NS Soda Slope, or the Dartmoor Shine. None of these will have a substantial impact on jumping (assuming you run the rear nice and firm).

It'll be a whole lot cheaper to get a hardtail. And it'll be just as strong.

mlucko

Likes Dirt
If you don't want gears, your main slope bike options are: Specialized P.Slope, BlkMrkt Killswitch, NS Soda Slope, or the Dartmoor Shine. None of these will have a substantial impact on jumping (assuming you run the rear nice and firm).

Nailed it...
The man speaks truth..

nail, meet hammer.

I can confirm you when you set up the suspension correctly the dartmoor shine can do just about anything, stable even on rougher downhill terrain (stays are about 400mm so in between your average hardtail and a freeride bike), but my friend can still 360 it on flat so its still really poppy. im running a shine with a ctd float x rear shock and while i hate to admit it, it does come in handy and i use it quite a bit, you dont need to grab a shock pump every time you want to ride something different.

I also run a talas fork so i can make it a bit slacker for dh and lower it back down for more jumpy sort of trails.

maca14

Likes Bikes
Shine

The shines look and from what ive heard sound mad! If anyone hears of someone selling one i':mod:m super keen!