AM Alone with SantaCruz 5010

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Comparing the SOLO to the Blur LT is chalk and cheese. Despite the reduced travel (130mm vs 140mm) the SOLO descends better down rocky terrain and feels much more stable. Descend mode on the CTD suspension loosens it up enough to feel confident in the rough. It likes a more aggressive riding position - slightly forward in the cockpit. So far the Climb mode really hasn't been needed so it stays in Trail mode most of the time.

The wheels are stiff and track well even with the 32mm fork. No problems with any of the components at this point, even the tyre combo seems to be just right. I'm now putting on a King bottle cage - let's see if we can fit a bottle into this small frame.

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
nice bro, was looking at spec from blur comparing to solo, as wanted to get 1 for the wife, they looked virtually the same, but based on your evidence you say a better descender for the new solo. Some good deals on blurs atm, but the solo just looks better! I think it would be the perfect trail bike for her. Great looking bike mate.

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice bro, was looking at spec from blur comparing to solo, as wanted to get 1 for the wife, they looked virtually the same, but based on your evidence you say a better descender for the new solo..........
On my Blur LT for most of this year I ran Lyric DualAir 130 - 160mm forks. It also has Bergtec offset bushings in the shock mounts to slacken the head angle -- the SOLO still provides a great sense of descending confidence.

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The difference between the rolling diameter of my 26" Continental Rubber Queens 2.35 and current 650b HansDampf 2.25 is only about 20mm

ChopSticks

Banned
What an absolute stunning bike and attention to detail !!
Love builds like this !!!

..... it took my brain a few seconds to click why its now called the 5010 and not the solo, after a mate told me hehehe :doh:

:first: to Santa for the play on numbers

Where did you get that stem??? If it comes in gold i wants.
Nerf Herder (Alan) is the distro here
shoot him a pm !

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think I'll try the 65mm stem to see if sharpens the steering without sacrificing climbing geometry.