Alternative to WTB Pure V saddle

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Soooo when my new bike arrives, I want to replace the seat as I have a very sensitive tooshy.

On my old Enduro, I had a WTB Pure V, and it was the best seat I've ever owned. Very comfortable and I didn't get particularly sore sitting bones.

How.ev.er... It would see that these are no longer sold.

The problem I have, is I'm not exactly sure what made the Pure V so comfortable for me. However, I assume that is someone may know of an alternative for those who loved the Pure V but not cannot buy.

Thanks in advance!

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
I recently switched from a WTB pure and now have a Fabric line shallow. The Fabric line of saddles appear to be around the same price point as WTB.
Fabric have usually 3 padding levels depending on riding position. Flat, shallow and radius.

Look at the Fabric scoop or Fabric line in either the radius or shallow padding. Best to check their website to decide. Saddles are a very personal thing.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My Southern end gets along very well with a Rocket V. I have a SDG Bel Air that also it pretty comfortable even if the love channel is a bit lower. Similar shape.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Why don’t you just buy another WTB Pure??? I’m confused as to why you think it isn’t made anymore? I use the WTB Pure Race and Pure Comp they are all Pure V seats with just different levels of material used.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/wtb-pure-race-saddle/rp-prod125909?gs=1&sku=sku450693&pgrid=57924345292&ptaid=pla-417385608842&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sI7pDgp2O_dm|pcrid|253645956608|pkw||pmt||prd|450693AU
Well. If you must know... because I'm an idiot it seems. :p

I did not realise this.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Charge/fabric scoop ... very comfy

We have a few of the Bombtrack team saddles which is the same or similar shape ... also very comfy.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Soooo when my new bike arrives, I want to replace the seat as I have a very sensitive tooshy.

On my old Enduro, I had a WTB Pure V, and it was the best seat I've ever owned. Very comfortable and I didn't get particularly sore sitting bones.

How.ev.er... It would see that these are no longer sold.

The problem I have, is I'm not exactly sure what made the Pure V so comfortable for me. However, I assume that is someone may know of an alternative for those who loved the Pure V but not cannot buy.

Thanks in advance!
Anything from WTB is a good option. I've had a heap of their saddles including cheaper ones and they've all been good. The Rocket is good and on 3 of my 4 bikes at the moment. And you can get them pretty cheap.

I had an sdg belair until recently and it was very comfy. My butt isn't very fussy though.
I haven't experimented with my butt to the extent that others have.

$89 seems pretty reasonable for that WTB saddle. I'm thinking of a new saddle, my WTB has developed an annoying creak (I guess its the plastic shell), otherwise my bike is WHISPER QUIET !!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
my WTB has developed an annoying creak (I guess its the plastic shell), otherwise my bike is WHISPER QUIET !!
Mine had the same issue. The rail to rubber grommet interface seemed to be the problem.
A squirt of the lube of your choice helped a little bit but sure didn't fix it.

I guess if I sat on you for quite some time then you get a bit noisy too.

I hate noisy bikes too.