Wheels: ZTR Flow Ex - Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee Shadow+
Shifter: Shimano Zee
Cassette: Shimano XT
Pedals: Shimano Saint
Chainring: Raceface 34t Narrow Wide
Chainguide: Blackspire Einfachx
Chain: KCM 10Speed SL Gold
Saddle: WTB pure saddle (Just swapped to a DaBomb Urbanizer, not shown)
Bar: Easton Havoc 750mm
Stem: Funn 40mm Funnduro
Grips: ODI Lock on
Tyre (Front): Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR 2.30
Tyre (Rear): Maxxis Larsen TT ST 2.35

I think that's it for now. Upgraded everything except the frame, suspension and brakes.

Last edited:

John Muldoon

Likes Bikes
Nice rig!!
I have to ask, are those wheels heavy?
The wheels or tyres? Both tyres are folding. Much lighter than the dual ply wirebead DH tyres I previously had on :) Also the flow ex's I just got are way lighter than the stock Giant/DT Swiss rims.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I have to be honest, I'm disliking your chain ring and chain color choices... and your seat is uber chunky.
But, it's not my bike so whatever. :D

doihoi

Likes Dirt
The wheels or tyres? Both tyres are folding. Much lighter than the dual ply wirebead DH tyres I previously had on :) Also the flow ex's I just got are way lighter than the stock Giant/DT Swiss rims.
Soz I meant the wheels, and you've answered it!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Really nice build, the only thing I'd really be inclined to change is the shock to something a bit more robust like a CCDBA, depends where and how you ride I guess.

Wheelset weight will be around 1880g I think, brilliant wheels, seal up tubeless painlessly and seem to be really durable (at least mine have been).

I have to be honest, I'm disliking your chain ring and chain color choices... and your seat is uber chunky.
I like the gold chain, but the ring is a bit meh.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Nice Reign!
Minion = best front tyre IMO.

Whatever you do, do not look at the 2015 giant reign!!! You will want one!

Last edited:

John Muldoon

Likes Bikes
Really nice build, the only thing I'd really be inclined to change is the shock to something a bit more robust like a CCDBA, depends where and how you ride I guess.

Wheelset weight will be around 1880g I think, brilliant wheels, seal up tubeless painlessly and seem to be really durable (at least mine have been).

I like the gold chain, but the ring is a bit meh.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been happy with the revelation and it takes abuse on DH tracks. I think you're right about the chainring. Looked better with a silver chain. Might go a black one

John Muldoon

Likes Bikes
Cheers. different seat on it now. Dabomb Urbanizer off my DH bike. Now it needs a new seat :) more money. When will it end? lol

teK--

Eats Squid
Looks good first green chainring I've seen!

Is the chain stay wrap for tyre rub? If so I'm keen to see If that rim and tyre and hub combo still allows It to happen.

John Muldoon

Likes Bikes
Looks good first green chainring I've seen!

Is the chain stay wrap for tyre rub? If so I'm keen to see If that rim and tyre and hub combo still allows It to happen.
Nah its for the chain striking from underneath. I have since put on the Shimano Zee derailleur so it shouldn't be needed now. I've actually just removed it and the top chainguide. See how it goes this weekend. It now looks a lot tidier too.