[AM] Ibis Mojo HD3

madstace

Likes Dirt
I knew this was coming after I saw you post in the Ibis forum on MTBR, but I'm still going to say it - hate you Pete :playful:

These things really do look the business, am keen to see what your thoughts on the bike are after a few rides. Enjoy it!

stoo

Likes Dirt
You hurt my eyes with those new Yeti pictures a while back, but that is an ace jigger, without question!

Z

Zaf

She looks the business! Ride report. I think if I break my SB66c and warranty of problem ... One of these may very well be the go.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks nice. I'm looking forward to a detailed ride report. The new Mojo is the only thing that interest me at the moment to replace the Liteville 301.

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
Awesome do it all bike!

If I was having to buy a new frame, the HD3 would be it. I just wish that Ibis would have replicated the HDR's reverse vitamin colour scheme again for the HD3, but that's just personal preference.

Can't wait to start seeing some HD3's in the flesh.

indica

Serial flasher
Nice one Hippie. Looks like a short wheelbase, but then you are a shortarse.
Make sure you come up this way again... your bike will love it.

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Nice one Hippie. Looks like a short wheelbase, but then you are a shortarse.
Make sure you come up this way again... your bike will love it.

haha! Yeah seriously hanging out to get back up to Atherton and check out all the new stuff.

Re the HD3's wheelbase, it's not designed to be a sled thankfully. Works great up and down. Spot on I reckon :)

Nomad (med): 1169mm
HD3 (med, 160 fork): 1146mm
Bronson (med) 1138mm

indica

Serial flasher
haha! Yeah seriously hanging out to get back up to Atherton and check out all the new stuff.

Re the HD3's wheelbase, it's not designed to be a sled thankfully. Works great up and down. Spot on I reckon :)

Nomad (med): 1169mm
HD3 (med, 160 fork): 1146mm
Bronson (med) 1138mm
GT Sanction Med 1186... large - which I am getting shortly - 1215.
No wonder it looks short to me.

farkus

Likes Dirt
Never have been a lover of Ibis but i could make an exception on this one. Might be the mudguard.

Andrewww

Cannon Fodder
Such a beautiful bike and props for rocking the flow tee!

Have you had any trouble with the rims being too wide for the tread?

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Such a beautiful bike and props for rocking the flow tee!

Have you had any trouble with the rims being too wide for the tread?
Thanks!

Not all tires are suited to the wider rims for sure, but there are some good threads re tires that work well. I've started off with fairly lightweight, narrow combo and am working my way up from there. Should be putting some chunkier rubber on in the next week or two.

Attachments

fresh tracks

Cannon Fodder
Awesome photo! It's made it onto my screen saver. I saw your post over on MTBR as well.

My HD3 photo looks crappy in comparison (blame the phone).

Now I've had plenty of rides on it I'm a very happy new bike owner.

Must give a special mention to Stuart at Defcon Cycles whom I bought the bike through. Brilliant customer service.

Attachments

Last edited: