AMB How To Special Edition

scratchy

Farkin Activist

Australian Mountain Bike Magazine is pleased to annouce the release of the AMB How To special edition!

Inside you'll find over 20 step-by-step guides, taking you through the most vital mechanical skills you need to keep your bike out of the workshop and on the trails.

Including:
Adjusting derailleurs
Replacing gear cables/housing
Suspension care
Brake bleeding
Replacing your drivetrain

And stacks more.

Plus, we're throwing in the How To DVD. With 22 skills to tame the trail, this instructional riding vid will have you shredding it up in no time.

The AMB How To special edition hits newsagents Wed 29, don't miss it.

Attachments

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh awesome! i always wondered what lube the pros use on there rotors caus wd40 only makes mine sqeel more... mayb finish line??

Knopey

Likes Dirt
In the first edition of Scratchy's post (prior to editing), he said that subscribers won't get it. (You're too cool, apparently :) )

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got mine, DVD is awsome... if you have been riding for a while the first bit is a bit "duh" but watch it any way because there are some cool tips and tricks.

The mag is Skinnier than normal??? i would have liked some more DH/DJ/FR tips in the DVD but othere than that i rate it...

*drumroll*

8.5 RTFSFN's (Rubber Talking Flying Squirril Fish Ninjas)
out of 10 RTFSFN's!(Rubber Talking Flying Squirril Fish Ninjas)

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
i went down to five of my local news agents to day and they were all sold out any one want to buy one and send it to me it sucks because im secribed and i dont get it so if you can send me one pm me thanks heaps:D

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are all the hints and tips articles from previous magazines just compiled into a new book or are they all original?

dj jedijunglesnow

Likes Dirt
DVD's quite cool

DVD's cool, if only to see what represents a bit of Aussie trail riding.

Mick's a cunny funt! I'll be watching carefully next time I ride for certain section near The Dam for him jumping out of the bushes and over the top of my head...

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"This is really useful for anything that has a backside. like me, it still hurts from my wheelie drop!"

LOLZ

"The drops around this area are FRAUGHT with danger, always check your landing"

Mick rolls up to a gutter.

2x LOLZ

"WARRRRRRGH!"
Mick jumps at chris's head

10000x LOLZ!!!

Mick K

Cannon Fodder
Pretty handy for someone like me who is getting in the DH or MTB scene in general. DVD had some neat tips and tricks in amongst the basic stuff.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have just finished watching it. I would have like to see some tips on jumping and a bit more DH or Freeride Orientated

I suppose it is meant to an introductory DVD for beginners.

dmwill

Likes Dirt
Swung by a Newsagent on my way to a client today.

Spent my Friday night watching the DVD. Most comes down to common sense - though had the odd tip here and there.

the magazine is handy though. Nice reference to have on hand. Better than hitting up google with greasy hands when you get stuck attempting to fix something on the bike.