An idea, Sydney ride at Olympic Park

Rik

logged out
It was mentioned the other night, we should hit Olympic Park/Homebush bay, there's alot of fun little stuff to play around on.
I'd love to make it a destination for a group ride, the only real issue is the travel that some people would have to do.
Would there be many people interested in riding there?
I'm thinking having a night ride there (everything is well illuminated), on a Monday night or something. We could meet at either the actual Olympic site, or Strathfield station is only 10mins away so could meet there.

Any takers?
This ride might not happen for a few weeks, I just want to build some interest first.

Gonzo

Likes Dirt
Just as a side point. On tuesdays and wednesdays a whole lot of roadies go to the olympic site and do laps around it. So you might want to avoid those nights.

Rik

logged out
Good point! I know a few people I used to race against still train there, I've almost considered joining them, but I'm allergic to lycra :lol:
Not that roadies really get in the way, they're hardly going to be riding the same stuff as us ;)

Gonzo

Likes Dirt
Just thinking it might be an inconveniance. thats all. I will most likely come once i get my bike back in working order which may be a while.

Rik

logged out
The ride from Strathfield isn't that bad either, there's one hill, that if you get the change of lights, you can pull about 50/60/70 km/h down it, plus it means we get to play around on all the stuff through Bicentennial park on the way to Olympic Park.

Oh, and if lighting is OK, you'll see ye olde brickpit, which I eye off every week thinking how much of a huckfest it'd be to get in there 8)

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
just a question, if i turned up on my
giant AC 2 for an urban ride, would i
look like a dickhead, or do some of u
guys who ride urban ride duals 2?
or just, what bike do ya ride?
thankz

Rik

logged out
Don't worry mate, there's a few of us that look like dickheads no matter what :D

There's all sorts of bikes on our rides, no need to feel out of place, in fact, another guy is riding a Giant AC every now and then. It won't look half as silly as Squidly's Cannondale with Lefty's, or my bright orange freak of nature DK :lol: Not to mention every other type of bike under the sun that ends up riding with us.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coollyney, I wouldn't worry dude, I AM one of the dudes that bombs around the city on a regular basis on an AC2. Infact I just got back from a 5hr ride in the city on it, where I rode with another guy riding an AC3 and 3 dudes on trials bikes. While we were out we also ran into 3 other guys, one on an AC1 (grrrr if I only had the extra $500) and Specialiezed Big Hit and a Norco Sasquatch.

So yeh, ride whatever you like as long as it's comfy for you!! :)