Another NZ trip question. Queenstown and Rotorua; hit me with suggestions

clockworked

Like an orange
So we've got the majority of our trip planned. We're doing 2 weeks, with 4 days riding in rotorua, 4 days driving to queenstown and 4 days riding in queenstown.
We've got our accommodation booked (alpin lodge in rotorua, and pinewood in q-town). We've got a day heli-biking, a day in the park and 2 days with Jono from queenstown bike taxis pretty well lined up, and I've got to say: Alpin, Pinewood and QBT have been an absolute pleasure to deal with.
What we don't have sorted is bike hire in rotorua. We're also keen to hear any suggestions for the trip outside these activities!

I contacted mountain bike rotorua (http://www.mtbrotorua.co.nz/) after seeing them on the flow mtb feature but haven't heard back from them.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for hire in rotorua?

What other things should we be aiming to see while we're over there?
Cheers

peanut

Likes Dirt
Cheers dude, a couple of yetis would be sweet!

I reckon AJ hacket could get a workout in q-town too!
make sure to ask the outdoorsman about multi day rate, much cheaper than single day rate. from memory I only paid 50nzd per day for a yeti 575 for multi day(I did rent 3bikes at once though).

clockworked

Like an orange
The outdoorsman has all their bikes booked to some terrible human called Jason for the same time we're there... Jason...
Heard back from planet bike preliminarily, hopefully they'll have something

Magnum9

Squid
Can't remember the name, but there is an outfit at the trail head at Rotorua with a good range of dual suspension bikes. You can just rock up and grab one.

clockworked

Like an orange
Can't remember the name, but there is an outfit at the trail head at Rotorua with a good range of dual suspension bikes. You can just rock up and grab one.
I'm think that may mtb rotorua. hopefully they'll have excess if it all goes pear-shaped

zlatko

Cannon Fodder
not without unnecessary hassle. We had planned to do that originally, hence leaving the booking so late, but we got over that idea. The confounding factor was car hire
For what it's worth a friend I just spent 1 week in rotorua in july and never needed a car. There is a shuttle bus that takes you and your bike to the hotel from the airport for about $18nz. We walked in to town each day (25 minutes). I would prefer to have my own bike than hire one. Just my 2 cents worth. Have fun.

tex72

Likes Dirt
The outdoorsman has all their bikes booked to some terrible human called Jason for the same time we're there... Jason...
Heard back from planet bike preliminarily, hopefully they'll have something
Are you going in the 3rd week of Jan?:behindsofa:

mjb123

Likes Bikes
Shuttle

For what it's worth a friend I just spent 1 week in rotorua in july and never needed a car. There is a shuttle bus that takes you and your bike to the hotel from the airport for about $18nz. We walked in to town each day (25 minutes). I would prefer to have my own bike than hire one. Just my 2 cents worth. Have fun.
Who did you organise to take you to/from the airport?

Planning a trip for Feb next year

clockworked

Like an orange
Who did you organise to take you to/from the airport?

Planning a trip for Feb next year
standard car hire is pretty cheap. didn't realise there was an airport in rotorua, so organised cars from auckland airport.
In queenstown the bike taxi guy will do an airport transfer for you too

tex72

Likes Dirt
Haha! 13-17th! Jason, I presume?
:yield:
Not me personally, one on my mates though, and yes I'm going as well.

You could also try the bike shops, not sure of names but there are at least a few good ones in downtown Rotorua.
I would try to get their phone no.s & give em a call.
Goodluck with it.