another reason why i hate shimano!!

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
has anybody got an XT 8' rotor on a marzocchi??, my new 8' rotor and adapter came in and i was stoked! so i decided to bolt it on there and then and got the rotor on, then the adapter, and it seems the adapter is to small!, so i rang up shimano and asked if it was the right one for the internation standard mount, and they turn around and say its only works for boxxers an the old manitou xvert carbons, then i asked how should i run yours brakes on my marzochis, an i was replied with an ' i dont know'

so i was wondering if anybody has had this problem before??

never the less the shimano adapter is on its way back and im making up and adapter myself....damn shimano.... :x

S.

ex offender
Shimano have their heads stuck up their arses... great engineers, VERY poor business ethic.

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
kalem said:
could you use another brands adaptor? like a hayes or avid??
nah i tried all adapters at work and stuff, but there are a specific kind of mount, so yeah tried that idea.
but the homemade adapter is coming along quite well, if anyone needs one ill be happy 2 email the design!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Are your forks QR or 20 mm? If they are QR its not recommended to run 8 inch. They recon it puts too much presure on the scewer and the have "POPed"... acording to someone at dirtworks (hayes)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Contact a gentleman named Stan at www.bikeaddiction.com.au

Previously a Ferrari engineer, now does some pretty trick custom jobs with any metal or composite.

He's made heaps of adaptors for disc brakes and some sweet "fork-up" adaptors. Be prepared to pay around the $60-$100 mark

wonderllama

Likes Dirt
well maybe i will...
haha nah im just pissed cause i had to change to single speed.
hey im glad shimanos out there.
other wise we wouldnt have souch nice bikes
just pisses me off wen stuff breaks...and seemin ive spent around 4500 on my bike(and its still a piece of shit) which is mainly cause stuff keeps breakin.

and i dont call everyone a poof...
i think its pointless. i know im rolling my self but cause calling some one a poof isnt gonna make them relise"hey ur right i am too" but we all contridict our slef all the time.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trev that shimano mech was a pos sis thing!!!
Of course it would brake what wher u thinking? with the money u used to buy that thing u could have got ur deraileur hanger but nooooooooo.

edwin veal

Likes Dirt
try a gremica adapter
not sure but might be worth a check
the new sys. 17 uses a 6pot 8" disc and i think the mounts are similar if not the same
but dont quote me on that