Another Reverb tale of woe...

Z

Zaf

SRAM warranty has to be handled through a retailer in afraid.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Yuley, that's a very good price on the KS, only thing is I need internal routing. 30.9.

QUOTE]

I bought a brand spanking new take off KS LEV (albeit 31.6mm) 125mm Integra for $250 from a Fuckbook trading page.
Came with all the goodies (cable, lever etc) minus the box.

You will get them for reasonable money.... just gotta be patient and be ready to buy.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
At the risk of being burned at the stake, apparently Crank Brothers have got their sh*t sorted and their Highline is a decent post and cheap too, around $260 delivered from ze Germans:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/crankbrothers-highline-125-dropper-post-532796

and Pinkbike review:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/crankbrothers-highline-dropper-seatpost-longterm-review.html
I believe these are a lot better than the older ones.
Point to note, apparently the return speed is slloowwww... and non adjustable.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
At the risk of being burned at the stake, apparently Crank Brothers have got their sh*t sorted and their Highline is a decent post and cheap too, around $260 delivered from ze Germans:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/crankbrothers-highline-125-dropper-post-532796

and Pinkbike review:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/crankbrothers-highline-dropper-seatpost-longterm-review.html
Actually looks like a good product. Wish I'd seen this before I purchased the Giant post, which was around the same price... Lever mech looks great.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just spoke to NSD and they basically said that if they fix the post, which would cost $100 or $160 (depending on whether it needs new seals), it will probably shit itself again in 3 months time.

That's the final straw, my relationship with Reverbs is officially over. Cheap Reverb anyone?

I would have seriously considered the Bike Yoke mod, but it's not available yet.

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just spoke to NSD and they basically said that if they fix the post, which would cost $100 or $160 (depending on whether it needs new seals)
I'm very interested. I've fixed a few reverbs, the last one I ended up scratching their upper post....... How cheap are we talking here :behindsofa:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just about to pull the pin on a KS LEV Integra 125mm/30.9 for $360, but have also seen that Mountain Bikes Direct have an "Integra Si" for $350 in 150mm drop, which is even better.

Can't seem to find any solid info or reviews on the Si - it's not even on the KS website. Seems to weigh less than the standard Integra and this is what they say about it:

"The new LEV Si, takes all your favourite features from rest of the LEV range, drops out some of the fancy materials and smashes a new, ridiculously low pricepoint."

Worth the punt or should I stick with what I know? Having 150mm drop on my other KS is definitely preferred over 125mm, but the standard Integra with 150mm is a lot more expensive.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Just about to pull the pin on a KS LEV Integra 125mm/30.9 for $360, but have also seen that Mountain Bikes Direct have an "Integra Si" for $350 in 150mm drop, which is even better.

Can't seem to find any solid info or reviews on the Si - it's not even on the KS website. Seems to weigh less than the standard Integra and this is what they say about it:

"The new LEV Si, takes all your favourite features from rest of the LEV range, drops out some of the fancy materials and smashes a new, ridiculously low pricepoint."

Worth the punt or should I stick with what I know? Having 150mm drop on my other KS is definitely preferred over 125mm, but the standard Integra with 150mm is a lot more expensive.
What is worth a call is here

http://linksports.com.au/

Al or one of the gang will tell you the differences over the phone

Nautonier

Eats Squid
What is worth a call is here

http://linksports.com.au/

Al or one of the gang will tell you the differences over the phone
Good call, they were super helpful and sounds like the Si is a really good option at a lower price point. The biggest difference (apart from 50g heavier) is a cheaper lever, but I have the lever over from my other post anyway, so can whack that on. The 2 year warranty is a pretty damn appealing as well!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Good call, they were super helpful and sounds like the Si is a really good option at a lower price point. The biggest difference (apart from 50g heavier) is a cheaper lever, but I have the lever over from my other post anyway, so can whack that on. The 2 year warranty is a pretty damn appealing as well!
Just make sure the cable end (nubbin, nipple, spud or whatever you call it) is in the lever that you have?
Not sure what lever you have...... but make sure its compatible before we see a post in the Fuckwits......

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just make sure the cable end (nubbin, nipple, spud or whatever you call it) is in the lever that you have?
Not sure what lever you have...... but make sure its compatible before we see a post in the Fuckwits......
Yep, it is. Pretty much exactly the same lever design, just made out of alloy instead of plastic.

BT180

Max Pfaff
No problems with my Reverb after 3500km and 115kg on it. Have not even serviced and it still works mint. :behindsofa:
Gotta say, I've had mine almost a year now and it's been faultless (only 1100km though). Hasn't been serviced either.

Now where's some wood......

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
No problems with my Reverb after 3500km and 115kg on it. Have not even serviced and it still works mint. :behindsofa:
Gotta say, I've had mine almost a year now and it's been faultless (only 1100km though). Hasn't been serviced either.

Now where's some wood......
Rockshox sell a LOT of posts! Probably more than anyone else. (?)
There is bound to be a high pnumber of issues based on the volume of sales.... a bit like Giants highlighted Anthem breakage issues.
But its the issues vs sales number % that can't be ignored.
I've got mates who love reverbs and wouldn't have anything else. No problems.... no issues...
Maybe I'm hard on my gear, I'm not particularly heavy (85kg kitted). Maybe I got 2 absolute lemons or reverbs..... or was just extremely unlucky?

In fact, maybe you guys are extremely lucky....

Rockshox sell a LOT of posts! Probably more than anyone else. (?)
There is bound to be a high pnumber of issues based on the volume of sales.... a bit like Giants highlighted Anthem breakage issues.
But its the issues vs sales number % that can't be ignored.
I've got mates who love reverbs and wouldn't have anything else. No problems.... no issues...
Maybe I'm hard on my gear, I'm not particularly heavy (85kg kitted). Maybe I got 2 absolute lemons or reverbs..... or was just extremely unlucky?

In fact, maybe you guys are extremely lucky....

You just have to ask for a Reverb that was made on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. If it was made on a Monday or a Friday there are bound to be issues.

I thought this would of been common knowledge by now.

Up your game !

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I have never had any issues with my old Reverb but I tried a Fox Transfer for the first time over the weekend and I was pretty impressed. It has a really satisfying clunk when it returns to full extension and it's return speed isn't so fast that your love spuds retract as soon as your thumb hovers over the lever. Lets just hope it's reliable.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
So far I'm absolutely loving the KS Integra Si that I replaced the Reverb with. It's the first seat post I've ever had that has zero side-to-side slop when at full height. Apparently they've changed the internal 'key' system - whatever they've done it's working. Absolute steal at $350.