Another Shire DH Track

blazer

Likes Dirt
Well as title shows, there is currently a new dh track being built in the shire.
I put it in phat snaps because it is NOT a legal trail. Mods feel free to delete it if you wish.

Last Tuesday i started some work for about an hour just clearing a little section. But today me and 2 mates got to work in the sun and rain for about 4 or so hours.
Results of which are below, with about maybe 1/4 of the track cleared.

Start area and entry

Looking back up at the first rock section.

Roll in area before.

After.

Another roll in to berm which is as far as we got today.

Looking back up.

Updates either sometime this week or about 3 weeks because I go on holidays.

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
Looks abit flat, rock garden looks like good fun though.

It's no Jans Alley, God damnit I miss Jans Alley.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Get a bit of mud ... maybe a bit of brown paint ... paint up / bog up the cuts in the tree ... it will stop it from rotting and prolly save it ... she'll be right.

may want to change your thread title too ... maybe Hobbiton or Frodoville, RIOT county ?

blazer

Likes Dirt
Ok I didn't realise breaking off a dead branch from the tree would cause so much hassle.
If it bothers you all so much I will delete the thread and that will be the end of it.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Make sure you don't remove/damage any black boy's, that would see this track gone if anyone sees it, people get shitty as about 'em. Anyway it looks like a fun track, as rocky tracks always are.

Last edited:

Codner

Likes Bikes
WooHoo

Very nice work boy cant wait for the next round off shire wide DH race aswell are you going to have somewhere to walk up. or possibly near a road for shuttles.

Framed

Likes Dirt
This is not at you personally but all track builders should be careful when building.

Now that tree. now that youv done it - leave it dont touch it with bog or anything as that wrecks the healing of the wound. Just dont snap anything and you should be right.
There is a proper technique to shopping branches, that why arborists and horts like myself get paid good $$$.

I am a tree hugger.. well im a 4x4 and motorbike and MTB lover too.

If a black boy is seen by a bushwalker or someone worse than me it will be reported.. the fines are near the $2000 mark. Chopping into blackboys is unAustralian anyway.

Wreckin the trees gives us all a bad name tho.

Chopping into roots will damage or kill trees too, thats where they drink and store food - generally.

dannys

Likes Dirt
one branch isnt such a big problem fellows.
trees loose branches all the time and can survive
settle down

Last edited:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Track looks like some serious fun, so wish we had terrain like that in Brisbane, would be great.

As far as all this tree chopping. Look who here has never chopped a tree down, or removed a branch. If someone says no, then they are a hypocrite, unless you are 6 years old.

It was a branch, the tree is still standing and there is a 90% chance probably more that it will be fine. It is not like these boys have gone in there with chain saws and axes chopping down trees and plants everywhere, they have been careful in what they have done, and I am sure they will continue that way.

Just give them a break, they wanted to show you buys what they have made, which is brilliant and all we can say is, oi you chopped a branch.

My $0.02

Framed

Likes Dirt
I was only giving helpful tips you goose, the track looks like heaps of fun, just be careful. and No i havent borken off a branch to leave a heaps big scar. so STFU

drewivison

Likes Bikes
:rolleyes: but have u ridden on a track where someone has. Everyone can have a go at trail builders, 90% of the trails that we all ride on are to some degree "illegal" that other people have put alot of work into. Correct me if i am wrong.

That doesnt mean that i support chopping down branches and trees, i believe that all tracks can be made around whats already there, but occationally one tree branch may need to go. And i am sure if u lived close by the fact that a branch has been chopped wouldnt stop you riding the trail.

theres my $0.02 worth.