Another stuck thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looking good, you are less hairy than I expected
I shaved down recently, wanted to have a big love heart on my chest.

I copped a broken rib, a big gash on my back and destroyed a helmet. Pretty lucky really.
Not really sure you can claim the helmet did anything, the "science" is dubious. But why the fuck weren't you wearing a neck brace???

stirk

Burner
I copped a broken rib, a big gash on my back and destroyed a helmet. Pretty lucky really.
Ouch, the only way to sleep with a busted rib is on that back gash! Hope you heal quickly.

I shaved down recently, wanted to have a big love heart on my chest.

Not really sure you can claim the helmet did anything, the "science" is dubious. But why the fuck weren't you wearing a neck brace???
Got any evidence to back up your statement?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ouch, the only way to sleep with a busted rib is on that back gash! Hope you heal quickly.

Got any evidence to back up your statement?
There was a guy on here not so long ago that did. He had a crash and would've broken his neck for sure if he wasn't wearing a neck brace. The doctor even said so!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not a downhill rider, I was just riding down a hill on an XC ride.
You can't go through life passing the buck, safety starts with you.

We should have a site safety sign on the home page...0 days since last incident. If we can make it to a full week without a crash there is a virtual party.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
You can't go through life passing the buck, safety starts with you.

We should have a site safety sign on the home page...0 days since last incident. If we can make it to a full week without a crash there is a virtual party.
Accidents on bikes inside the house, down the hallway don't count towards our "towards zero" target?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We'll.... depends on reportable incident definitions. I've seen a few on some biggish projects that were beyond questionable but company and Mgt reputations on the line, eg guy falls onto steel beam face first, concussed, but no issue as he was (put) back to work and no lost time! Nails through hands, broken limbs too, it was quite interesting reading tbh, the trick is to get them back to "work duties" and was no longer an lti. Was something like 1.5m hrs since last lti. Unfortunately a guy was crushed on last official day of the project before handover, bummer. Therefore hallway incident only counts if you couldn't keep riding.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You can't go through life passing the buck, safety starts with you
The nurse down at my medical centre tells me "if you're going to crash so often you need to shave your legs". Then she harps on about PPE while she's cleaning the dirt out of a laceration on my ankle as if she is thinking about her jilted ex-husband. I only let her get away with it because she's so cute.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So the consensus is that if you go down, but are able to continue riding, there is no reportable incident? Do we factor in the level of being able to continue riding? For example I was able to putt off the trail last time I crashed, but I wouldn't have called it riding...

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The ones I saw were still reported, but because the project was sanctioned on basis that only LTIs counted as key safety metric, nobody GAS about the other reported incidents. Clever, no?

I dunno, the power is in your hands PP!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
The ones I saw were still reported, but because the project was sanctioned on basis that only LTIs counted as key safety metric, nobody GAS about the other reported incidents. Clever, no?

Reminds me of last time I was in A+E. rode out with broken clavicle which needed surgery, but A+E was overrun with 1/2 a dozen workers who had possible smoke inhalation, exactly zero of whom had a cough while I was there or showed any symptoms, but somehow managed to jump the que at the hospital.

Happens at home, everyone gets on with life, happens at work, it's a major disaster requiring ambulances and prescious health system time.

Nanny, Nanny, where are you?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...(as the evil laughter subsides)...I'd say we need to record insidents and near misses. Incidents being your ride was effected by the crash and you were unable to continue as intended. A near miss being a crash that you were able to keep riding after.

Reminds me of last time I was in A+E. rode out with broken clavicle which needed surgery, but A+E was overrun with 1/2 a dozen workers who had possible smoke inhalation, exactly zero of whom had a cough while I was there or showed any symptoms, but somehow managed to jump the que at the hospital.

Happens at home, everyone gets on with life, happens at work, it's a major disaster requiring ambulances and prescious health system time.

Nanny, Nanny, where are you?
The smoke exposure is a strange one. The "book" (so to speak) is insistent that you head to hospital to get checked out as smoke can fuck with you at any time after exposure etc. Nothing like keeping you on your toes...

We're you wearing a neck brace during your crash? I've heard they can transfer force from your neck into your shoulders and cause all sorts of trouble.

hakka

Likes Dirt
On the subject of neckbraces i've never seen anyone wearing one, except watching downhill races on youtube. Do they even work without a full face helmet?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Do they even work without a full face helmet?
Nope, the idea is that the brace sandwiches between you and the helmet to reduce the helmet's movement. The brace needs to be able to push against the helmet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On the subject of neckbraces i've never seen anyone wearing one, except watching downhill races on youtube. Do they even work without a full face helmet?
The science is very clear, they work if you believe they work. The same with helmets and my tiger rock.