Another what's it worth thread.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm just going to add to the what's this bike worth fad that's been going on lately....

I have the oppurtunity to buy this.

Specs as follow:
Norco Ryde frame
Marzocchi djIII forks
Dice SMO rims
Deore hubs
F.U.N.N. bar and stem
Axiom cranks
F.U.N.N pedals
Axiom dj seat

They are the main parts anyway.....

The bike is in perfect condition, I had trouble finding a scratch on it. It has never been ridden on dirt.

At the moment he is asking for $950.....

Do you reckon I should take it?

Thanks
Jayson

G

looks nice some people will say half the retail then i believe rik then says 10-15% per year off after that. But just sell it for whatever you wanna and you could always go down.. im not going to put a price in dollars on it but if you want to recouperate yours costs sell it for as much as you think someone will buy it for

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
id take that in a second for 950! that thing would be an absoloute blast to ride
It is a blas to ride, fast as hell!

All I need to do is convince mum to lend me $600, but she is coming to look at it (don't know why¿) tomorrow.... So fingers crossed! :p

wombat

Lives in a hole
Looks pretty good, but for the record, street riding is usually much harder on gear than djing. It may not be the case here but it's something to keep in mind.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sick man, how long have they been selling ryde's with DJIII, SMO rims, plus all the other shit for?

The guy who I am buying it off works in a shop and bought the bike about 2 months ago just to ride at the local skatepark. He didn't try anything hardcore at all on it, just transfers and stuff, so I am pretty confident that its in perfect condition...

wombat

Lives in a hole
SausaGe_LiNk said:
CHEWY said:
id take that in a second for 950! that thing would be an absoloute blast to ride
You can buy them new for 999
And thats an 03 model, should be alot less than 950
But the stock one you get for 999 doesn't have DJ's or SMO rims. It could well be an '04 from that pic too. Maybe still a little dear though.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What do you think would be a reasonable price?

Also now I think of it, I think it's been converted to a 9 speed (I think) with a deore shifter and alivo rear mech (or can't alivio go to 9 speed?).

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jays_5000 said:
What do you think would be a reasonable price?

Also now I think of it, I think it's been converted to a 9 speed (I think) with a deore shifter and alivo rear mech (or can't alivio go to 9 speed?).
Alivio can go 9 speed cuase he using a deore? shifter so yeh u just got to fiddle with the limit screws a bit..

juzza

Likes Dirt
hmmmmm. $950 is milking you a bit too hard. My mate sold a Flow, i dont know if youve heard of them, but it had DJ3's, 521's, Hayes Hydros, truvative cranks and so forth. He sold that for only $800, and it was, i dont mean to put you down, but it was a much nicer bike for a very good price.