Another which bike is best

I am looking to buy my son a DH bike as he want to race. He is 14 years old with above average riding ability ( races MX - i think this help ). I am prepared to spend about $5000 - $6000.The bike will be use on local tracks / dh racing and some freeriding.
The shops have been some-what helpful but the only push want they sell but not always the best bike suited.
He likes the Norco A-line Park and DH but have been unable to get a look at there 2009 bikes. Have been told by several shops for some months they are coming but they never seem to show up. Have been told that the DH shock / forks need to serviced every 10 Hours of riding - is this true ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks..

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lucky kid.
The best bike is the one that he like and also that fits him. How tall is he?
If he's a smaller kid you would be better off looking at some 6"-7" freeride rigs rather than a full blown 8"-9" DH rig.....It might be a bit too much bike to handle........Actually if he can handle a moto he can most likely control a DH sled.

Dont forget that MTB's have sizes....He may grow out of his $5000 investment by the time he is 15/16.

As for bikes he is one bloody lucky kid.........
Honestly take a pick; pretty well any bike will fit the budget.
IH sunday
Giant glory
Intense M6
Orange 224
Santa cruz v10
Norco team DH
Kona stab
Morewood izumu
Transition blindside

The sky is the limit...

As for the shocks........ Usually need servicing every 6 months; Forks arent too hard to do at home but I tend to think that rear shocks need to goto the LBS.

One fucking lucky kid!

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
are you looking at a complete bike or frame only for that price. frame only, any one of the one's 3viltoast3r mentioned. if your looking complete look at something like a giant glory or iron horse complete bike. you could even get a budget built v10 or something if you wanted to aswell.