Another working bee in late February / early March 2010

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Righteo guys, the last working bee was a success. We had good numbers, we got a lot done and now it is time to do a little more. I was hoping to get enough people together to walk the track with tools again, cut new lines in, repair old sections etc. I was also hoping to have a couple of cars working on the road with Mike's new road banger (as I am now calling it).
I am looking at Sunday 28th February in the morning. Meet at the end of the track at 7.30am, head to the top before 8am. Same deal, bring some tools, some gloves, a hat, water, food etc.
I am also planning a date for a race. It'll be a little different but I want to get something started again so please chip in and help with a maintenance day.

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i will try my hardest to get there but it's looking good so far
and i think jordo and hayden will be out i think thredbo is that week end but they are girls anyway haha
and ill bug james to get his nanas shovel...

hopefully see you then

ecd08

Likes Dirt
dont ge a gay meatneck!!! this is the like only state round i can get to cos im working full time...... anyways dozer because me and jordan are not going to be here we were wondering if we could postpone it till the weeekend after that????? as i am dead set keen as to get my hands dirty in some trail building again and jordan is super keen too!!! just thought there would be another 2 sets of hands and then i could see if some of my other mates were keen to come up to???? if not hope you guys do some work and get the track running and to mike, your a legend for thinking about the road, noones been able to think of anything like that and we might be able to race in the near future now!!!!!! yeeeha :cool:.

catchya boys up there in a couple of weeks after the shreeedbo round for a ride if not the build day and sorry i cant be present for it if it goes ahead :mad:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Alright, Sunday 7th March it is then! We can do some work that day and I'll plan something for the following Sunday.........a race!

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahaha

Ill be in vietnam
have fun then boys.
maybe i will have a guilt trip post like elksy to change it again (jokes)
haha nah its ok ill see the finish product when i get back

cheers

Last edited:

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
sunday 7th, yeah that can be done. ive got one "road banger" finished and ill test it out this sunday arvo. if it works ill try to make another one. not as easy as i had imagined to build these things. how did you go with the chain Dozer?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've got access to the chain, I just have to remember to grab it.
Lets say Mike drives us to the top and drops us off and we work our way down to the table top area and meet Mike there after he does a mission on some of the road?

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
SHIT!!!!! i wont be able to go cause my 4wd club has made a cleanup austrailia day thingyy at bucca. i tested the bager and it failed baddly. too light and teh tow piont is too high. major mods required. the chain will come in handy for a new tow system Dozer, and ill get some concrete to wiegh it down. wont be able to get it into the back of my car though, so ill have to mold the concrete up there and then leave it there at the bottom of the track.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
At this stage I won't be able to do a build on Sunday. I may do some push runs but it'll only be a quickie. Maybe the weekend after?

ecd08

Likes Dirt
oh ok righto, hey mike what about of we make somethin that bolts to your towbar and comes down llower to the ground and therefore keeping it on the ground more ??? would that work? hey dozer if you go up let me know we might be in for some runs depending on work and so forth. cya up there:cool:

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
dug, its a swamp. im not bolting shit to my towbar! its a troopy not a D9. itll be cool once i get the concrete into it and make more digging pins. just need time to do it. be good to do it know cause the ground is soft as but there you go.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Might be able to come up next weekend.... got work 6th-7th. a build/ride weekend would be awesome seeing as its a schladming replica according to the Bureau. Whats the situation Dozer...??:p

ecd08

Likes Dirt
The town has sold out of snorkels.................
yeh they are now resorting to bamboo sticks from bamboo direct!!!!:p
haha yeh nah it isnt tooo bad but its just constant drizzle which is gay coss its not raininb but depressing enough to change your mind on doing anything physical outside.lol
looking forward to the build day dozer. just let me know when ANYONE is going up either riding or just working cos im hanging to do some atm.

cheers hayden

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
How about we arrange something for one of the days on the Easter long weekend? I can't do the Saturday but maybe Sunday or Monday?