Any good MTB riding in/around Mooloolaba?

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Having a family holiday in Mooloolaba at the end of September. Is it worth packing the bike for a couple of early morning rides or leave the bike at home?

I would imagine there is some spectacular riding up there somewhere so I'd imagine the answer is yes.

Any groups around? Is it possible to hire good bikes up there?

I have 4 kids so would prefer to go for early morning rides so I can get back to family activities. Also can't be too far away.

Are lights required or is it light early?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Parklands is probably a 15 min drive from Mooloolaba and has heaps of good riding. I use the Atkinson Rd entry these days as my brother and i have been doing a lot of work on a trail there called Phoenix. It's pretty smooth, bermy and flowy these days but once you get over the other side of the creek things get rocky, rooty and a bit more tech. Definately worth a look while you're in town. Get in contact with the guys at Bike Riders in Maroochydore at the homemaker centre and they'll sort you out. Ask for Phil, He's my brothers housemate and always helpful and friendly.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Parklands is probably a 15 min drive from Mooloolaba and has heaps of good riding. I use the Atkinson Rd entry these days as my brother and i have been doing a lot of work on a trail there called Phoenix. It's pretty smooth, bermy and flowy these days but once you get over the other side of the creek things get rocky, rooty and a bit more tech. Definately worth a look while you're in town. Get in contact with the guys at Bike Riders in Maroochydore at the homemaker centre and they'll sort you out. Ask for Phil, He's my brothers housemate and always helpful and friendly.
Do they hire bikes?

Asterope

Likes Dirt
if you want to take the kids along, try the Dularcha/Ewen Maddock Dam circuit. Its about the same distance from M'ba as Parklands but in the other direction. If you want to make a family day of it there are bbqs, swimming and walks to keep everyone amused. (On the trail theres an old train tunnel to pass through, and occasionally, micro bats! cool!)

Otherwise - Parklands :)

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Ruff end Mtb park, opposite big pinapple. They hire bikes too.- Jamis trail x3, hydro brakes, 24 speed.

Google them.

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
mtb hire - Mooloolaba

Hey All,

Anyone got any advise or directions on a shop that hires mtb to have a morning fix on the trails at Parklands... Up here at Mooloolaba for a bit of R&R with the Mrs, and have decided that it would be an absolute waste if I didn't sample some rubber on dirt whilst im in town. To be straight just happy with a capable mtb, and would prefer a dually but in the scheme of things would probably run anything to get a quick fix one morning this week

Cheers

:gossip: