Anybody riding a Craftworks FRX?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is any on the forum riding one of these,
How do these single pivot Aussie beauties go?

Pros?

Cons?

I'm looking for a Single pivot frame that won't break the bank.

Orange are really nice but out of my price range.

Santa Cruz, i find a bit meh, but nice bikes.

i did do a forum search for them, but didn't really find out too much about them.
Mtbr has some good reviews.

Last edited:

workmx

Banned
Have a listen to the Mountain Bike Show podcast with the Craftworks guys.

It was very informative.

After hearing their passion and the time and effort that goes into their frame design, I am considering an FRX for my next bike.

Now all I need is financial approval... :distrust:

EDIT: episode 52 of the Mountain Bike Show is the one.

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm currently riding a Craftworks S1. I'm quite impressed with the geometry and how it handles.

Even though they are very different bikes, I would be confident to say the FRX is also a ripper.

For the price they look the goods.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is any on the forum riding one of these,
How do these single pivot Aussie beauties go?

Pros?

Cons?

I'm looking for a Single pivot frame that won't break the bank.

Orange are really nice but out of my price range.

Santa Cruz, i find a bit meh, but nice bikes.

i did do a forum search for them, but didn't really find out too much about them.
Mtbr has some good reviews.
Losing the Slayer already??

needaride

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,

We have about 12 Craftworks FRX bikes, the Craftworks company was great and helped us out as we are running a youth mentoring program. We take kids out 1-2 weekends a month and ride DH/AM & DJ's on the bikes - they stand up to alot of abuse & have been solid for about 2 years now. I have ridden one down a moderate DH tracks with a few decent gaps on it and the bike took everything I could throw at - and was alot of fun to ride. I would definitely recommend the FRX as a great all-rounder.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@willsy01 - approk 3.5K

@needaride - good stuff, how do they feel in an XC situation.

@workmx - yep listened to it yesterday - they have a few good deals at the moment.

@crowash - i need help, Santa Cruz are nice bike, bike not for me, Orange on the other hand are to $$$ for me.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate,

We have about 12 Craftworks FRX bikes, the Craftworks company was great and helped us out as we are running a youth mentoring program. We take kids out 1-2 weekends a month and ride DH/AM & DJ's on the bikes - they stand up to alot of abuse & have been solid for about 2 years now. I have ridden one down a moderate DH tracks with a few decent gaps on it and the bike took everything I could throw at - and was alot of fun to ride. I would definitely recommend the FRX as a great all-rounder.

Which models are you riding as i've heard mixed reports on the easton wheels.

willsy01

Eats Squid
I was going to suggest a Deubel but up until I read your last post I thought you were only after a frame......not a whole bike.

needaride

Likes Dirt
@willsy01 - approk 3.5K

@needaride - good stuff, how do they feel in an XC situation.

@workmx - yep listened to it yesterday - they have a few good deals at the moment.

@crowash - i need help, Santa Cruz are nice bike, bike not for me, Orange on the other hand are to $$$ for me.

The FRX bikes we got have RS Domains and a single ring up front on them to suit the various types of riding we do. I think they come stock with dual ring and RS Revelations which would make them more suited XC specific riding. That being said, they are still a great feeling bike to pedal. I havent noticed a heap of pedal 'bob', they are super light, the cockpit size is spot on and the angles are tight enough for comfortable climbing, but as I said before the bike is very comfortable on descents.

workmx

Banned
Pretty much unbeatable deals. I would buy a frame immediately to replace my hardtail, but that would mean a new fork, seatpost (or at least shim) and wheelset.

That is too hard to justify to the MoW&F (Minister of War & Finance).

Last edited:

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
I've not ridden the FRX but I have a FRM125 that is 8 years old and still going strong. If that's anything to go by you can't go wrong. Great bikes built by a good Aussie company.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've not ridden the FRX but I have a FRM125 that is 8 years old and still going strong. If that's anything to go by you can't go wrong. Great bikes built by a good Aussie company.
yeah I've got one of those as well, '04 modelmine feels hell slow compared to a nice air shock. just got to get a credit card paid off first.

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
yeah I've got one of those as well, '04 modelmine feels hell slow compared to a nice air shock. just got to get a credit card paid off first.
Yeah I think mines an '04. It came with a manitou swinger 4 way which has been surprisingly good over the years. Thought about trying other shocks in it but my other toys end up coming first. Credit cards suck the big one by the way.......:distrust:

4dabush

Likes Dirt
I hired one from Bikeabout in Adelaide for a 3 hour guided blat around Eagle Park. I normally ride a Norco Six. The FRX was way lighter, and rode that way. It was super efficient climbing - compared to my usual ride, which should be expected. I wasn't allowed to ride the DH track, but rode all over the park following a super fit Carbon Scott rider. Managed to follow him everywhere up (Valley Trail/Overlocker/Northface/Top Deck) and and leave him behind any time the track pointed down (Sunset Bvd, Hills hoist). For me, on the one I rode, a touch shorter stem/ wider bars and more aggressive tyres would be awesome.
I rode a medium and the Norco is a small. I'm 175cms and Medium was spot on. Was a fun and easy bike to get used to, no weirdness or quirks. And that was a surprise to me coming off a 6 inch FRS suspension to single pivot. I expected to notice more difference...suspension wise it seemed just as plush, just far more efficient going up.

Hope that helps.