Anyone dealt with super-go in the states? Importing from USA

cE

Likes Dirt
Ce, Delivery? So doesn't USPS or Fedex deliver to your door?
Yeah mate, straight to your door.
Good luck with your purchase, i'm sure you won't regret it :lol:

wal

Squid
I've dealt with Supergo a couple of times, no problems. :D
Shipping charges are in US dollars.

Last time I brought something in I had a chat to the shipping agent regarding fees/duties. He said items under A$250 won't incur GST and bike parts don't have import duty on them. Over A$250 then you will probably pay 10% and also a A$25-50 transaction fee.

Wombat: When LBS are 2-3 times more expensive on some items than getting them from Supergo (including shipping charges and whatever), then either the LBS is ripping YOU off or the distributer is ripping the LBS off (or maybe both). If they lose enough custom then they may rethink their pricing. I'll support my LBS if they are competitive and for servicing. I'll even give them the chance to match prices but generally they aren't interested :( (must be too many other suckers out there).

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do support my lbs and am buying other stuff for my biek off them. THis is an exception because the cranks I had didn't fit so I need to get somethign that is cheap and good realiatively fast.

wombat

Lives in a hole
wal said:
Wombat: When LBS are 2-3 times more expensive on some items than getting them from Supergo (including shipping charges and whatever), then either the LBS is ripping YOU off or the distributer is ripping the LBS off (or maybe both). If they lose enough custom then they may rethink their pricing. I'll support my LBS if they are competitive and for servicing. I'll even give them the chance to match prices but generally they aren't interested :( (must be too many other suckers out there).
I think it is very rare that the LBS will rip you off, generally it's pretty easy to see when somebody is above the rrp. Distributors? well, Shimano stuff has gotten dearer since Shimano Oz became the exclusive importer a while back, but you have to remember that there is more to the difference in prices than the exchange rate. Don't forget to take into account the fact that the distributor has to have all the stuff shipped over here, they then have to pay their import duty as well as GST etc. Then on top of that, believe it or not, both the distributor and the LBS have to make enough money to live off, which means the have to mark up the products. I know it's not fair, and if you can get stuff cheaper elsewhere then that's your perogative, just think about why it's cheaper.