Anyone doing the Surfcoast 6hr tomorrow?

macboy

Likes Dirt
Anyone doing this event? I'll be entering with two mates and having a cruise on the 6. First race for the new bike. A bit scared of the night ride.

akashra

Eats Squid
Don't be, Eumeralla is a really tame venue. Night riding there is actually really pleasant and you'll only be doing about 2 1/4 hours of it - though last year after all the 3 hour riders pulled off the track it got really lonely. With more than three times the entries this year it should be quite a bit better.

I'll be out there trying to put in my best solo performance, though right now I'm not feeling confident (and rather over-trained/under-recovered).

MTB_KAT

Likes Dirt
I will be there with fellow Croydon Cycleworker Nick (2nd last tear on a singlespeed) in a mixed pairs team, will be my first real experience riding at night so a little nervous about that but looks like it shaping to be an awesome day and from past reports I hear it is a great race with great atmosphere, looking forward to it!

macboy

Likes Dirt
Cool, one of my team will be his first race and he doesn't want to ride at night at all so he'll prob finish up about 7:45/8:00 and then we'll split the rest.

Yep, I'll be there doing the 3 hour (first event for this fattie) with a mate from work doing the 6 (ultra-fit bugger).

Sounds like fun to be had. I'm looking forward to the post-ride beer already!